Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Tax fonciere

Discussion in 'Buying Overseas Property' started by damien, Sep 22, 2006.

  1. damien

    damien New Member

    Sorry if this has already been covered in a different thread, but on a new build property is there some way of calculating what the tax fonciere will be - I assume there is a charging scale or way of working this out? Also, do we have to pay tax d'habitation if we do not live permanently at the property? Thanks all.
  2. raul

    raul New Member

    Hello Damien,
    A new build is exempt from tax fonciere for 2 years although there may be a small charge for something or other (don't know what - a French mystery) of about 26 euros per year. Around the time of completion you should have received a form which you fill in detailing all the facilities, number of rooms, size of property, fosse etc and this will be used to make the future calculation. As soon as you have anything else add (i.e. we had a pool) they send another form for you to update them (don't worry they know what you have had done and will get in touch with you). Then you just wait for them to send you the first billing in two years. As the previous reply stated the cost depends on how big and luxurious your house is.
    Whatever the cost it can't be more than the ?1200 pa we were paying in council tax a year ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page