Suing the developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

masstech

1. Who are the better but reasonably priced lawyers who will sue the developers on behalf of investors whose units have not been built at all or within a reasonable time?

2. What is the likelihood of getting money out of the developers if there is a court victory? Specifically, I would like to know about Triplanet and Memon but any developer would be informative.

3. Is the escrow money safe or has it been used to fund land purchases that cannot be recovered?

4. How likely is it to win in court? What do you think the timeframe is to get the money out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

M

masstech

Also, I apologize in advance if there is a posting decorum violation. I am new to this board.

R

Roshan

Escrow money is safe and is to be used only for the construction of the building and not for purchase of the land. The amount is released depending upon the progress of construction.

I would recommend suing in the west but not in Dubai. Lawyers are not cheap and getting a good one is difficult. I have interacted with lawyers and the experience was not good.

I would suggest you sit down with the developer and work out something benificial for both parties.

When I was called for handing over of my property, the developer asked for the last payment of Dhs 300 K and I asked for 6 months installment. He sent me a RERA notice and I replied. He then realized that it would make sense to give me my 6 installments than wait for RERA to decide.

In the end I had my way.

Roshan

Status
Not open for further replies.