Stadium point sports city

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roshan

Roshan,
it was a bit cheeky, but was more about gettin my money back if I could.which I did.
Just trying to help other posters if they want any advice
What I liked was the way you cornered the developer who was going blah blah to you.

Roshan

M

mpat

Cause of concern

I HAVE PURCHASED A 1 BED APARTMENT IN STADIUM POINT D.S.C.
HAS ANYONE ELSE PURCHASED HERE?
I HAVE PAID OVER 50% AND AS YET NOT RECEIVED A SALES AND PURCHASE CONTRACT.
MY AGENT TELLS ME THAT THE DEVELOPER VASCON TRADING HAS REVISED THE BUILDING PLAN AND ADDED MORE FLOORS THEREFORE ALL THE CONTRACTS NEED TO BE RE WRITTEN.
IS THIS TRUE? I FEEL THAT I AM BEING TOLD ANYTHING TO KEEP ME FROM COMPLAINING.

LOVE TO HEAR FORM ANYONE ELSE..:mad:

Dear friend,

Yesterday I was at stadium point and I was shocked that the dig in the ground is still the same since last 4 or 5 months. I could not see any worker at site also... Please speak to the agent and ask them for refund if they r not continuing construction. However, their other projects like profile and eagle height were progressing well !!! but this one is stopped for last 5 months or so.

C

charlieMc

mpat

You are very kind to keep us posted on progress. While stated there is a lack of progress on Stadium Point you said Profile and Eagle Heights are progressing well. Can you tell me the current stage of progress on Profile residence and if there were workers on site on your last visit. Thanks.

S

Sixgun

The thing that always kept me interested in this..is......
Surely, the Dubai (government, head of state whoever) won't leave an empty hole right next door to the "state of the art" Cricket ground???

Last edited:
S

Sportsman

I've been through Sports City numerous times and as recent as last week. Some developers are coming along well, most are at the piling and shoring or just starting foundations....but there are numerous plots that are nothing more than sand parking lots. Most seem to be surrounding the canal to the north side....

It will be a very nice development and Victory Heights is due to hand over its first villlas very soon, but it will take a year or two for completion and a real sense of community.

M

mpat

mpat

You are very kind to keep us posted on progress. While stated there is a lack of progress on Stadium Point you said Profile and Eagle Heights are progressing well. Can you tell me the current stage of progress on Profile residence and if there were workers on site on your last visit. Thanks.

charlie

profile is just upto the ground level ,i got the photo of it for you,may be tomoro i ll try to post it for you.i could not see if there was any worker available or not.but looked like no one was working on it,

S

Sportsman

Keep in mind people, if you visit DSC on a Friday, there is likely a good chance that nothing is happening....It just might be their one and only day off.

M

mpat

Keep in mind people, if you visit DSC on a Friday, there is likely a good chance that nothing is happening....It just might be their one and only day off.

Hi ,
You are right, that s why I went there on Thursday just to ensure that work is in progress at my investment.
Bye

T

tin2080

Hi to everyone caught up in this shambles,
I am hoping to get a refund on monies paid to Vascon Trading for my 1 bed apartment in Stadium Point. Can anyone recommend a good legal rep in dubai to fight my case, I have had enough and feel that a refund is the only way out. I will not pay another penny, I still have no SPA after 5 months surely this is against RERA regulations. On the subject RERA I have sent numerous e mails and also faxes which they have not replied to (disgraceful)..
I welcome any info you guys can give me

U

uh-oh

Hi all

I guess I'm next up in the queue for information....

I'm almost afriad to ask if anyone here can give a reliable update on Bermuda Views (R9-10) ???

We'd appreciate any help on this, updates are very hard to get from Profile and we just hopw tha our money is not gone down the drain. I think I have to start making moves to get a refund.

Thanks

M

memo123

Send an official complaint letter to RERA - registered

I addressed mine to Marwan bin Ghalitah
I thought it would be chuck in the bin for it was in English
but I got a very fast and positive response within 5 days very efficient . and that is overseas mail .
Emails didn't work for 2 months .
however I am going to still take legal action against my developer , he has broken every article in the book and appointed himself as the contractor to cheat RERA AND ESCROW. and has not put all the money in escrow .
NOW should i go straight to the developer and tell him I want to break the contract and ask him to give me my refund , or go through the legal road and break the contract . if so can any one recommend any lawyers in Dubai that can act on my behalf with reasonable cost
appreciate all the names and contacts anyone on this thread can provide me for lawyers that are welling to take property cases .
and specialized in property law and issues . I have paid a lot so far and not welling to loose it for I know this developer will deliver crap if he is going to ever going to build at all

Hi to everyone caught up in this shambles,
I am hoping to get a refund on monies paid to Vascon Trading for my 1 bed apartment in Stadium Point. Can anyone recommend a good legal rep in dubai to fight my case, I have had enough and feel that a refund is the only way out. I will not pay another penny, I still have no SPA after 5 months surely this is against RERA regulations. On the subject RERA I have sent numerous e mails and also faxes which they have not replied to (disgraceful)..
I welcome any info you guys can give me

S

sk302016

What is "positive response"?

I addressed mine to Marwan bin Ghalitah
I thought it would be chuck in the bin for it was in English
but I got a very fast and positive response within 5 days very efficient . and that is overseas mail .
Emails didn't work for 2 months .
however I am going to still take legal action against my developer , he has broken every article in the book and appointed himself as the contractor to cheat RERA AND ESCROW. and has not put all the money in escrow .
NOW should i go straight to the developer and tell him I want to break the contract and ask him to give me my refund , or go through the legal road and break the contract . if so can any one recommend any lawyers in Dubai that can act on my behalf with reasonable cost
appreciate all the names and contacts anyone on this thread can provide me for lawyers that are welling to take property cases .
and specialized in property law and issues . I have paid a lot so far and not welling to loose it for I know this developer will deliver crap if he is going to ever going to build at all
Hi Memo123,

What is the "positive response" from RERA?

T

tin2080

Hi to everyone,

Just to let you all know I have requested a full refund from Profile in Dubai. I have sent formal faxes and numerous e mails to that joker they call the general manager SHIRLEY MATHEW.
I have wasted my time calling her in Dubai , she obviously tells her receptionist to tell anyone wanting to get money back "im at a meeting Im out to lunch" blah blah.
She is a good example of a person who does not know how to deal with clients who have invested a great deal of money with them.
I have even sent fax to Vascon Trading Ltd who are the developers and guess what no reply.
I still have no SPA what a total mess!
Does anyone have any further ideas ? We should collate a list of clients who demand a refund this may have some impact on the situation.

heres hoping

Tin2080

S

starbuyman

eagle heights venture!
i have invested in eagle heights studio. Profile have told me that the site is still a hole in the ground so don't listen to what i saw earlier in this forum that the site is developing. they were unable to even tell me when construction is starting, never mind completed! i have waited weeks for them to respond to emails, calls etc! they are an absolute joke! try and get a refund if you can this project will never be completed!

C

carpatwil

Stadium Point Refund

I have been on Profiles case now since the end of November for cancellation of my contract due to 4 floors being added and also the fact that it should have finished in January 2008.

I have hit them with a threat to bring it to the attention of the press in both the UK and Ireland and make people aware of what Profile as a group are like.

I have today received a letter from their Legal team stating that Profile doesnt have the authority to make a refund. It is the Developer Vascon Trading and I must go to them for it. They have also asked that I refrain from going to the media on the basis of Libel. My answer to that would be that Libel is only Libel if a statement is not true. So yes you can expect a legal battle on this one.

They shouldnt get away with this. I have never dealt with such appalling lack of communication and downright shower of cowboys.

C

carpatwil

stadium point

Hi Sixgun,

I am in much the same position as you were with this one. I was being pushed by 2 floors and stated that I didnt agree and hence would not sign off on the change. I was going back and forth with Deborah Mckay in Marbella, who was helpful, but has now been let go. I have pushed it with Profile in Dubai and told them that I wanted a refund of my deposit because the unit I was originally buying is no longer the Unit.

Eventually they came back to me via their legal representatives to say that unfortunately they couldnt make the decision with regards to returning the funds. I had to deal directly with Vascon trading.

I would appreciate it if you were able to provide me with any docs to prove that they are cabable of returning the cash themselves.

Are you in London?

Regards

C

carpatwil

Stadium point

Hi Tin,

Are you in London? Im in the same position as you.

There is another long thread regarding Staium Point etc in operation. Look on the site. to find comments from Alimha and Carpatwil (thats me).
:mad:

S

Sixgun

Hi Carpatwil,
I was always dealing with Karen in the Marbella office, is she still there?
I believe that she was as exsasperated as the clients actually.
Overburdened, and an honest girl, from my point of view anyway, as she oversaw my getting a refund , but this was a couple of months before the worldwide credit crunch/dubai prices falling etc.
it was never mentioned having to go thru vascon, but one important point (maybe) is that mine was a re-sale, from a former profile customer.
That seemed to make it more complicated at the time, but i really don't know how it all fit together, except i got the total refund, and was very (happilly) suprised when i did.

Status
Not open for further replies.