Saidia Property purchase issues

D

Doylie

Hi there

As you will notice I am a brand new member to the forum and this is my first post!

My wife, a friend and I purchased two apartments in the new resort in Saidia and have paid the hefty deposits. Of course, since the purchase in 2008 VAT over there has gone up to 20%, there has been the crunch and delays constantly.

We purchased through Azur Developments who link to AZD Morocco. We have tried to speak to them to ask for compensation due to delays, or if we can just get a refund on the deposits and walk away, but they will not even discuss it. Has anyone else had any luck? Is there a group of people out there who want to go in on mass?

Also, another real sticking point is they say they want ALL life insurance paid up front, which is thousands. This feels like a proper con and they say its standard with the mortgage company. Does anyone know more info on this?

Thanks very much in advance!

Andy

C

christinedcampbell

Hi Andy,

I have just found an old link to someone who was looking to get a group together to share the lawyer costs. Its from last september so may be no good to you but he gave his link as [email protected]. Good Luck

Regards, Diana

D

Doylie

Thanks Diana, I came across the email on the threads and mailed him but got no response. I guess I was to late for that one.

cheers

Andy

C

christinedcampbell

Morning. No, it still seems to be ongoing. i have had a reply so maybe you should try again. It maybe that your situation isn't the same, but I'm sure its worth a go!

T

timatthebeach

Thanks Diana, I came across the email on the threads and mailed him but got no response. I guess I was to late for that one.

cheers

Andy
Hi Andy,

the email should work it is [email protected] that should get through to Malcolm. He is still pushing ahead down the legal route. it is for people who bought on the Oasis at Saidia development within saidia.

tim

B

barry.flash

same boat

Hi Andy

I'm in much the same position as you. I bought through Azur too.
Being asked to complete now, But v worried.

send me yr email and we can get in touch (even though I'm a bit in the dark too!)

I live in Manchester and bought on App 16 in 2008 too.

by massive coincidence, a friend of mine in Birmingham has bought an appt with another couple - his is a few months behind mine - also he bought through a different agent. But we are going to compare notes too.

He went out last year and came back reasonably up-beat - but I'm very sceptical.
Get in touch if you're still on here

cheers
B

Hi there

As you will notice I am a brand new member to the forum and this is my first post!

My wife, a friend and I purchased two apartments in the new resort in Saidia and have paid the hefty deposits. Of course, since the purchase in 2008 VAT over there has gone up to 20%, there has been the crunch and delays constantly.

We purchased through Azur Developments who link to AZD Morocco. We have tried to speak to them to ask for compensation due to delays, or if we can just get a refund on the deposits and walk away, but they will not even discuss it. Has anyone else had any luck? Is there a group of people out there who want to go in on mass?

Also, another real sticking point is they say they want ALL life insurance paid up front, which is thousands. This feels like a proper con and they say its standard with the mortgage company. Does anyone know more info on this?

Andy

M

mrssmash

Azur

Hi Andy

We have also brought in Ap16 and we belong to an email group of worried buyers and at present have about 20 purchasers on the Greens all wanting to join forces in a letter to Azur to try and get them to give us some answers. If you can give me your email I will count you in to the latest stream so you can see if you want to join.

One of the group is in the process of drafting the letter and has a spreadheet with all the buyers that want in on the complaint that he will send so Azur can see who the letter represents.

Kind regards

Kirsty AP16 - 1016D

M

mrssmash

The Greens - Join the Group

Hi Andy

I have also brought on AP16 and am part of an email group of around 20 purchasers who are all fed up and worried about the lack of information and progress from Azur. One of the members is currently drafting a letter to Azur voicing our concerns and will be attaching a spreadsheet listing the owners and apartment numbers so it is clear who the letter is representing.

We are hoping there is strength in numbers but to be honest I am not holding my breath! Please send me an email to kirstycheshire at hotmail followed by dot com if you want me to include you on the latest streams of email and you can decide if you want to be included on the letter that we send.

Kind regards

Kirsty

Hi there

Andy

D

Doylie

Hi Andy

I have also brought on AP16 and am part of an email group of around 20 purchasers who are all fed up and worried about the lack of information and progress from Azur. One of the members is currently drafting a letter to Azur voicing our concerns and will be attaching a spreadsheet listing the owners and apartment numbers so it is clear who the letter is representing.

We are hoping there is strength in numbers but to be honest I am not holding my breath! Please send me an email to kirstycheshire at hotmail followed by dot com if you want me to include you on the latest streams of email and you can decide if you want to be included on the letter that we send.

Kind regards

Kirsty
Thanks Kirsty, I sent you a mail today.

D

Doylie

Hi Andy

send me yr email and we can get in touch (even though I'm a bit in the dark too!)

by massive coincidence, a friend of mine in Birmingham has bought an appt with another couple - his is a few months behind mine - also he bought through a different agent. But we are going to compare notes too.

He went out last year and came back reasonably up-beat - but I'm very sceptical.

cheers
B
Hiya Barry,

Sorry for the delay in responing. I have emailed Kirsty (from reply below) to join that group of other disgruntled purchasers. I did email Malcolm Davidson in March, and he replied, so I have chased up on him. Seems like he is a good guy.

Cheers

Andy

SaidiaSpy

SaidiaSpy

There is another twist in this seemingly never-ending saga coming...

D

Doylie

Whats this then? I don't like the sounds of twists or saga....

C

christinedcampbell

Come o S_Spy...don't keep us in suspense....

P

pete e

the greens

Hiya Barry,

Sorry for the delay in responing. I have emailed Kirsty (from reply below) to join that group of other disgruntled purchasers. I did email Malcolm Davidson in March, and he replied, so I have chased up on him. Seems like he is a good guy.

Cheers

Andy
Hi I bought property in morocco to,been pressured to sign in August,is their anyone to help get us out of this.

P

pete e

hi Andy

Hi Andy

cheers
B
I dont know if this site is still running,or has anyone had any sucess in getting a refund of some kind.New to this site so need some help if possible,can anyone point me in the right direction,will give you my email many thanks

P

pete e

the Greens I need advise to due to sign in aug,deleted personal info

Last edited by a moderator:
T

timatthebeach

the Greens I need advise to due to sign in aug,deleted email address . com
Try emailing Malcolm Davidson. he is trying to get together a class action and he is in touch with a Moroccan law firm who are connected to a frim based in Gibraltar. His email address is [email protected]

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
U

ukinvestor78

on the off chance that anyone is still keeping an eye on this post, can anyone let me know if they had any success in getting any of their money returned from Azur Developments?

Any response appreciated.

Dan

M

mr tickle

Hi UK investor

did you have any luck making contact with people from the greens?