RERA - Chief Justice of Dubai Real Estate Court confirms 30% of Paid Amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petershan

hi , post news on forum with your project name and may be some related investor get in touch with you specially ont hat particular thread.

Like I have IMPERIAL RESIDENCE IN TAMEER , so i have posted that as subject.

P

patience

Hi,

Yes you can go to court and get ALL your money back. I am a lawyer in Dubai and we have won cases similar to the one you describe.

You have to act fast though!!!

If you need assistance please contact me: [email protected]
We really don't have the finances to pay for a solicitor unfortunately!
And we really can't spare any of the 65% if we get it back.

P

patience

HI ,

You have paid 65% , and the development not started, Which developer is this and what is the project ? , Any reply from your developer about this.
The developer is Chapal and the property is Destiny Towers in Dubai Sports City.
We have just had a letter from them asking us to sign a new contract not in our interests, especially agreeing to a longer completion date and taking off the 1% late payment fee they are supposed to pay us if the development is late.

They have also included a new payment plan not in line with RERA, asking us to keep making payments over a longer time, even though they still haven't started building.

Of course we do not agree to any of this and will not sign their new contract. I feel if they don't honour the original contract they should pay us back the market value of the unit and with interest. I feel a court case comming on. Can I do this with out a solicitor and from the UK. Or can I take them to court in the UK as they have a UK office? I will look into this. I think I can take them to court in the UK.

M

micmonro1

To the Torch owners, I have posted an interview by RERA's CEO., and this link is to another more recent. Please read it. I believe that there some who portraying an image that Dubai is a lawless place. That wrong and the letter which the man has sent me proves it.
But please read the article as well.
1- EXCLUSIVE: Master developers 'damaging' Dubai property sector - RERA - Real Estate - ArabianBusiness.com
“There is no developer above the law. Or sub developer. Nakheel, Emaar, Dubai Holding, all of them are following the law of the regulatory agency. All of them. There is no exception. If any of them has any assumption that they are above the law, then let them read the law. The law did not exempt anyone…. But people think ‘oh those are the master developers, so they are exempt.’ No, no, no.”

Please read, think carefully before you sign or agree anything, I am sure that those of you who have some common sense will see the wisdom in my efforts.
Please inform others who may not know about this link.

Status
Not open for further replies.