Reputable Solicitor in Hurghada

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ollie1

Hello,

I have just placed a deposit on a development in Hurghada and am in need of a reputable solicitor to help me with my contract etc. I have been placed in touch with someone with a fee of 1250gbp apparently.

Would anyone be able to recommend anyone and comment on the fee that I have been quoted.

Also, is it true that I don't need to bother with the sign over deed registration and just go with the court suite? It seems odd that there is a law if it is not be used!

I am new to all of this and have spent every moment of my spare time this week reviewing websites etc. I cant help but feel that experience is the more useful tool if someone would share theirs with me.

Many Thanks.

S

SHARM-SERVICES

Hello,

I have just placed a deposit on a development in Hurghada and am in need of a reputable solicitor to help me with my contract etc. I have been placed in touch with someone with a fee of 1250gbp apparently.

Would anyone be able to recommend anyone and comment on the fee that I have been quoted.

Also, is it true that I don't need to bother with the sign over deed registration and just go with the court suite? It seems odd that there is a law if it is not be used!

I am new to all of this and have spent every moment of my spare time this week reviewing websites etc. I cant help but feel that experience is the more useful tool if someone would share theirs with me.

Many Thanks.
The fee of 1250GBP does seem very steep. The old addage of "you get what you pay for" applies in many cases, but there is a point where is just becomes a rip off!

When it comes to registration and signature validity, most recommend the signature validation case although registration is available to non-Egyptians in Hurghada. This is mostly because the registration process is restrictive, allowing an individual to only buy 2 properties for the purpose of residential use for just themselves and close family and restricts the property from being resold within 5 years. It is also a lengthy process and can only be done once the project is completed and registered by the developer. This is why signature validity is more commonplace, it is the next highest form of legal protection, it can be done at any stage of the build/payment and has no restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.