Repossessed property

Discussion in 'UK Property' started by Wajr, May 4, 2018.

1. Wajr

Wajr New Member

Hello

I am interested in buying a repossessed property but the estate agent tells me I cannot do a structural survey as it must be completed quickly is this something they can demand?

The property has some cracks I am not sure if it has structural issues or if they 're superficial but if there is anyone here that can give me advice that would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. nmb

nmb Well-Known Member

Why would they want to stop someone doing a survey (which could be organised fairly quickly) when investing what is probably a significant amount of money? Unless the risk/reward ratio stacks up I personally would be very wary.

3. Josh Caldwell

Josh Caldwell Josh Caldwell - American Real Estate Investor

Ok, so you cant do a formal survey. Can you hire a structural engineer to come over and give you an opinion? I find that those guys can quickly sort out an issue and even offer a solution very quickly.

4. FWL

FWL Member

Exactly, it is not a case of taking weeks to take a look and give an opinion. If there are cracks already visible this may not be the end of the world but you do need expert guidance.

5. I understand the concept of buyer beware, but actually stopping someone doing a survey after they have requested one - what have they got to hide? I would not touch it with a barge pole.