Purchase from Developer vs. Agent

N

Naiomi

Is it better to purchase property directly from the Developer or to deal with a company that secures a set number units from the Developer and then proceeds to advertize the units and sell them. . I notice that companies such as Property Bond Brazil, Colordarcy, Euro Brazil Invest etc. sometimes all advertize the sale of the same properties. Is pricing going to vary when more than one company is trying to sell apartments from the same development?

Naiomi

J

JMBroad

If the developer has any sense then the sales agents should all be offering the units at the same prices.

Whether to work directly with the developer or with a sales agent should also not make any difference in price the only difference there may be is the level of service you get - most developers in Brazil don't speak English very well so the agent may be able to give you more precise information. The other additional benefit of an agent is that they are located in your own timezone and (generally speaking) may be faster to answer questions.

The downside is that there are a lot of agents who don't know Brazil or the developments very well and many of them may drop you as a client and stop answering your questions once they have been paid.

I'm a developer and am based permanently in Brazil but all our advertising and many sales (to investors) are done through trusted sales partners (agents) who know the developments we are building, know the area and in most cases have been out to see the location in person and have a proven track record of looking after their investors even after payments have been made. We handle all sales to the local market through local sales partners.

N

Naiomi

Commission for sales agent

How about commission for the sales agent if you purchase from a company rather than directly from the developer? Please explain how this works and what percentage of the final sale price shoud be commission?

Thanks.

N

Naiomi

Commission for the seller

So for each sale made, after all is said and done, and the contract is signed, the agent gets a certain commission from the developer. I assume the the percentage of commisssion is agreed upon ahead of time when the seller commits to marketing a certain number of units for the developer.

Does the amount of the commission need to be stated clearly in the contract so there is no question what the actual value of the property is after the comission has been subtracted from the total sale price of the property?

Thanks!

N

Naiomi

Commission for agent

Thanks. Does the rate of commission vary from seller to seller or is there a rate that is fairly standard for the sale of any type of property? I am hoping to invest in northeast Brazil sometime in the future and have a budget of about R$240,000. Approximately how much of this amount should go towards commission for the agent?
What would be a fair and reasonable commission rate for this amount of money?