Protests today in Egypt

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkAf54o6-Cs]YouTube - Thousands march in Egypt protests[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhVDAHlTpyI"]YouTube - Cairo Egypt- BBC News - Three reported dead after Egypt_s _day of revolt[/ame]

Last edited:
N

Nefertari

Yes, I saw it on the news. I might have to rethink where I buy property.

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

Again we are being show sanitized news on Sky news.
Following the news on Egypt i thought everything was quieter today ..well quieter than yesterday after prayers until i turned over to Aljazeera news.
The live feed from Cairo is totally different.
There are thousands out again protesting..they are showing what is really going on.
Someone is censoring what we are seeing on Sky news.

C

CMChris

That's typical Sky News, and as for some of the so called experts!!!!!!!!! Not a clue between them.

D

Darryl Marsa Alam

How will the troubles effect non nationals buying property in marsa alam? It all looks very angry in Cairo hope thing sort themselves out soon

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Tension amongst investors

How will the troubles effect non nationals buying property in marsa alam? It all looks very angry in Cairo hope thing sort themselves out soon
All the top news reports suggest the Red Sea coastline and their International Airports are unaffected by current events in the mainland cities. Therefore the projects in Marsa Alam and Hurghada would continue to be attractive investments.

However, today's headlines are that Egypt banks are not trading and the financial markets are in decline with funds drying up as people take out their savings. That could mean salaries and materials will be affected slowing progress in construction.

Coupled with the uncertainty of who will lead the movement for reform, worldwide trading in financial markets has seen a downturn especially as the Suez Canal generates 18% of trading wealth to countries using this route. This will lead to increased prices and a general recession for Egypt, of course the planned touristic projects will be also affected.

My concern however is the developers themselves. If they are part of the regime who will be outed by the next reforming government, we may see more projects at a standstill and performance slowed by a lack of funds.... Of course we are used to seeing that so I would advise buyers to very careful of your money under the circumstances.

Alan.

http/www.coralife-style.com

Last edited:
A

alishiagreen

Sometimes it takes time before people unite and agreed that they want so changes... Having a big breaking news or issue in a one country will definitely gives negative impact to their economy. Stock market will drop down.

Randall

Randall

No one on here last month was telling anyone to be careful of their money in investments?

It's obvious to anyone that people who were considering a purchase in Egypt will not do so now.

It is those who are tied up and have been struggling to get their apartment finished who will suffer once again by this.

The saga of buying in Egypt continues it's just a constant roller coaster ride.

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

We all know how resourceful the Egyptian people are but this picture just takes the biscuit.

2 bread rolls and a naan for protection from rocks.

At least when he gets peckish he can take a snack.

Attachments

D

danny

We all know how resourceful the Egyptian people are but this picture just takes the biscuit.

2 bread rolls and a naan for protection from rocks.

At least when he gets peckish he can take a snack.
When the revolution against Cameron starts I'm going for the pie, chips and mushy peas wrapped in newspaper head protection.

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
Mubarak's last speach is not at all what the majority of Egyptians and the Arab youth were expecting. What a stubborn man he is.

Now the revolution really begins and the Army has to make up its mind which side they are on as the protestors are looking to march with 20 million supporters to Mubarak's Palace and his administration buildings on Friday after prayers.

I really hope "people power" can end the situation without further bloodshed. Inshallah.

Alan.

N

Nefertari

He's gone to his retreat in Sharm according to BBC news.