Property laws in Dubai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cayden007

Hi all,

I'll be moving to Dubai very soon and trying to get a rental apartment for about 2 months stay. I’ve a plan to buy my own home then after. What are the tenancy property laws in Dubai and how do they differ from the UK. Is there anything I should watch out for? I don’t want to get scammed by a property deal.

Anything info will be appreciated!!

Cheers

I

imported_kristopher

Hi

Most rental agreements are for a 12 month period. If you are only planning to be in Dubai for 2 months, I would suggest renting a short term serviced flat. There are loads of short term serviced flats to chose from, and prices will vary. Generally speaking the older the building, the bigger the place will be and the cheaper too.

I have heard of a lot of people who have rented short term at the 'Trade Centre Apartments', next to the Emirates Towers Hotel, which is quite old, but you do get access to a private sports club with restaurant, bar, pool, tennis courts, squash, gym, etc. Some of the newer serviced apartments are almost like bedsheets and you may feel like you need more space.

Your can try looking on www.khaleejtimes.com for properties available for rent in the property section.

Hope this helps you out.

I

imported_ramon

If its not to late, you can also try the Golden sands furnished apartments, as well as The Winchester Residence and The Winchester Grand.... I stayed at both for a while and the service is very good.

I

imported_ismael

I think I’ll try calling those hotel/apartments like golden sands, when I run out of luck in finding a cheaper place as they are on a daily basis and not a monthly one, but thanks for the suggestion.

Does anybody have any other places where one can find a decent priced apartment?

I

imported_cayden

Hi
What do you mean with decent oriced apartment?

Don't accept to stay/live/work in Dubai unless you get a budget for a flat that is at your standard.
Studio in good building (shoebox) from 3000 Dhs a month is normal (on a yearly contract) Or try to search for a room in a sharing villa in Jumeriah or new Dubai.
Good luck

I

imported_reasonant

I came across this article and I recommend that you read through it. Click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.