Property investment in Leipzig

Discussion in 'German Property' started by bob74, Mar 7, 2009.

1. bob74

bob74 New Member

Hi, I have recently visited Leipzig with a view to buy an investment property of flats. On paper it all looks good, but any tips on things to look out for or advice regarding Tax advisors, Lawyers, Notaries etc would be appreciated.
    The property is between Gohlis Nord and Molkern. Any thoughts on the overall property market in Leipzig?

Thanks for any info
  2. neustria

neustria New Member

Bob, you will have to go to Leipzig and do your fact finding there. No Forum can replace getting knowledge first hand.
  3. Prop-erty

Prop-erty New Member

I don't know, I'm here to learn and network, and I have found some gem advice here. I'm keeping my eye on this one too.
  4. Lewis

Lewis New Member

Absolute nonsense. Leipzig is no further away than Berlin. It is serviced through Altenburg-Nobitz airfield by Ryanair from Stansted and I believe Edinburgh.
    Dresden is also worthy of note for investors and is served by Gatwick.
    This guy is on the make and will direct you to his properties in Berlin.
    I could do the same but won't because that is not what you've asked.
    Berlin is a wonderful city - no doubt. Property is cheaper than most Euro large cities. The yeild is almost always lower than the likes of Leipzig or Dresden,
    Buyer beware - do you homework carefully - no need to be edged into anything which doesn't appeal to you by the likes of the above sales shark.
    John if you can't give factual info then stay away.
  5. bobruisk

bobruisk New Member

Nice post teepeeseller