Property investment in Leipzig

B

bob74

Hi, I have recently visited Leipzig with a view to buy an investment property of flats. On paper it all looks good, but any tips on things to look out for or advice regarding Tax advisors, Lawyers, Notaries etc would be appreciated.
The property is between Gohlis Nord and Molkern. Any thoughts on the overall property market in Leipzig?

Thanks for any info

N

neustria

Bob, you will have to go to Leipzig and do your fact finding there. No Forum can replace getting knowledge first hand.

P

Prop-erty

I don't know, I'm here to learn and network, and I have found some gem advice here. I'm keeping my eye on this one too.

L

Lewis

Bob, Leipzig is nice place, but a long way if anything goes wrong with your property, suggest Berlin as it's easy to get to, a capital city and a huge rental market 88% of people there rent and there is a huge demand now form expats looking for nice apartments to rent, if you want to see some property in Berlin send me a PM with your email address and will send you few samples of 8% yield property in Central Berlin. John
Absolute nonsense. Leipzig is no further away than Berlin. It is serviced through Altenburg-Nobitz airfield by Ryanair from Stansted and I believe Edinburgh.
Dresden is also worthy of note for investors and is served by Gatwick.
This guy is on the make and will direct you to his properties in Berlin.
I could do the same but won't because that is not what you've asked.
Berlin is a wonderful city - no doubt. Property is cheaper than most Euro large cities. The yeild is almost always lower than the likes of Leipzig or Dresden,
Buyer beware - do you homework carefully - no need to be edged into anything which doesn't appeal to you by the likes of the above sales shark.
John if you can't give factual info then stay away.