ad

Property Development opportunity

R

RS93

Hi all,

completely new to the forum and hoping for a bit of friendly advice. I understand this topic has probably been covered more time than you can count by 'wanna be property developers'. I may well fall into that category.

I do have some key skills and experience to bring to this plan. I hope you can help me with some advice on how to get going and may be able to point me in the direction of some useful leads.

Im a qualified Building Surveyor and along with 2 friends hope to get into developing. My 1 friend is a quantity surveyor and also other is my brother in law who is an electrician who we hope would be able to do a large amount of work.

Myself and QS would look at a joint mortgage as both have stable incomes and credit. Sparky would also be a 1/3 owner but would take share once works complete and sold.

I feel between the 3 of us we have good skills to make this work. The whole mortgage side is something we need to learn more about and due to speak to a few brokers over the coming weeks. At present the UK market is a little unstable with COVID 19. However feel if we time it right we may be able to get a house at a good price. Then once work has been finished aim to make a small profit. We are not expecting to make tens of thousands on our first project as for us all it will be a good learning experience and hope to build some capital to then go onto others. Sparky has renovated his own property to a high standard, and both of ur surveyors have basic skills on the tools so hope to assist evenings and weekends.

Really looking for some kind advice from any of you guys out there who may of started out in a similar position and may have tips to share.

Appreciate your time