Positive Property Buying Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SHARM-SERVICES

There seems to be a lot of negativity on the boards. Don't get me wrong, with the horrendous experiences these developments are bringing to those who bought into them this is very justified. I just wanted to bring a bit of positivity to the board as I know many stories have a happy ending (even if the journey may have been delayed or occasionally stressful).

So if you have bought in Egypt and had a positive experience, whether with your agent, developer, lawyer or the property itself, please tell us your story here.

D

danny

There seems to be a lot of negativity on the boards. Don't get me wrong, with the horrendous experiences these developments are bringing to those who bought into them this is very justified. I just wanted to bring a bit of positivity to the board as I know many stories have a happy ending (even if the journey may have been delayed or occasionally stressful).

So if you have bought in Egypt and had a positive experience, whether with your agent, developer, lawyer or the property itself, please tell us your story here.
Does semi-positive count?

4 years ago I bought at British Resort Hurghada, at the time it was a plot of sand, the finished build quality was second to none.

It was not without it's issues

The downside was that it was delivered 18 months late, however by Egyptian standards that meant it was a year ahead of schedule. Very few snagging issues and all in all a very good investment. Bought off plan for £20k and sold for £50k.

Unfortunately even good stories are tarnished, when I sold my apartment the new buyer put the money into the developers agents bank by mistake instead of mine, who then took 4 months to pay me back after spending most of it and being forced by his bank to get a loan to pay me back, only doing this after extorting $5000 for the trouble I had caused him by him recieving the money accidently. That's Egypt for you.

I often hear people saying that they have Egyptian friends, what you have to be mindful of is that you have no Egyptian Friends, they just what something out of you and mostly for delivering nothing.

Remember these people robbed and desecrated their own Royal families graves over the centuries and will not think twice to fleece you too, combine that with your ex-timeshare British wideboys and you get the recipe for impending disappointment, deceipt and disaster, I sometimes think that the developers get together on a Friday afternoon at the local Sheesh bar and exchange their latest scams, once one discovers a new way of cheating you they all follow suit.

Also remember that when you land at the airport you gladly pay 5 x the going rate for a taxi to get you to your final destination, don't be surprised when this escalates up when buying property, afterall the property agents probably all started out as taxi drivers or chambermaids at one time and have just carried on their noble tradition of marking up prices for foriegners.

Sorry, I know it started off positive then I realised it wasn't as positive in hindsight, time obviuosly erases the memory a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.