Pet Transportation

Georgina

Georgina

Here in El Gouna there are many dogs and a lot of the school teachers who live in Germany always take their dogs back and forth for the summer school holidays. It is very cheap on Condor as long as all the injections and blood test, etc. are up to date.

Different story for the UK though.

I know they owners get the dog used to the carry box before they travel.

As for any problems when you land, remember most Egyptians are terrified of dogs no matter how small the dog. My friend started to get hassled at the airport so she said she must get the dog out of the carrier first before she opens her suitcase. She was ushered through immediately :)

One dog I used to dog sit for was a ex-desert dog and the owners could never leave it alone because it would go crazy and destroy everything. I had to look after the dog everyday they went to teach in the school. They eventually moved back to Germany and wanted to take Shadow with them but were so worried about the flight. They could hear him howling during the whole journey and when they saw the carrier he had nearly bitten his way out of it. He was so excited to get out of it in the airport in Germany he started peeing like a fountain everywhere they told me :) He is fine and loving life in Germany.

Attachments

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Transporting Pets Through Germany

Well on Sunday my son arrived, complete with two cocker Spaniels and a Heinz 57! All chipped and passported and all having had up to date blood tests before travel. They were shipped in individual pet containers from Malaga to Dusseldorf and from Dusseldorf to Hurghada the following day. We had no documents from the Egyptian Embassy and no-one even looked at the passports, it couldn't have been easier.

My wife arrived the next day, again travelling Air Berlin but this time Malaga Nuremberg and then on to Hurghada the next day. Both the Sheraton at Dusseldorf Airport and the Movenpick in Nuremberg had rooms where you could stay with animals.

Once again, no problems with customs at Hurghada and the entire zoo are now settling in to their new home!

V

vix

Well on Sunday my son arrived, complete with two cocker Spaniels and a Heinz 57! All chipped and passported and all having had up to date blood tests before travel. They were shipped in individual pet containers from Malaga to Dusseldorf and from Dusseldorf to Hurghada the following day. We had no documents from the Egyptian Embassy and no-one even looked at the passports, it couldn't have been easier.

My wife arrived the next day, again travelling Air Berlin but this time Malaga Nuremberg and then on to Hurghada the next day. Both the Sheraton at Dusseldorf Airport and the Movenpick in Nuremberg had rooms where you could stay with animals.

Once again, no problems with customs at Hurghada and the entire zoo are now settling in to their new home!
Thats a lovely posting Peter, what a relief eh? At least they're acclimitised having lived in Spain. I hope Lyndsey's journey is as trouble free also.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Great news Peter. I dont think my Tyson would stand the heat. Its bad enough when I take him for a walk here on a sunny day. He comes back and sprawls himself ( legs out like superman ) on the cold tiled kitchen floor. Yours of course are used to the heat so will settle very quickly no doubt.

Georgina - that is a great pic of Shadow - he looks so happy and healthy x

L

lyndsay552

I flew over this morning to have my paperwork legalised for the exportation of my dog.

I ended up spending 4 hours in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, my vet wasn't on their list and they needed confirmation of his signature.

I walked from the FCO to the Egyptian Consulate (only took 20mins) and I was seen straight away and the paperwork stamped and signed within 10 mins.

So its all systems go.

Peter - what way did your dogs come of the plane? where they sitting waiting 'beside' the carosel?

Lyndsay

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Dgs & Cats

I flew over this morning to have my paperwork legalised for the exportation of my dog.

I ended up spending 4 hours in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, my vet wasn't on their list and they needed confirmation of his signature.

I walked from the FCO to the Egyptian Consulate (only took 20mins) and I was seen straight away and the paperwork stamped and signed within 10 mins.

So its all systems go.

Peter - what way did your dogs come of the plane? where they sitting waiting 'beside' the carosel?

Lyndsay
They all travelled in the hold and came on the Carousel; have a safe trip! No one even looked at their passports!

S

samui13

Peter, glad you got your babies out there safe.

Lyndsay good luck,

now anyone know of a good bird smuggler. Marsa Alam is not ready yet but when it is how do you get a parrot out he country when there is a ban on export of birds cause of bird flu!!! Looks like hubbie might be going and I will be staying at home!

Seriously tho, glad all went OK peter.

Enjoy yourself now you have the family with you:):)

C

CMChris

Can't you have birds vaccinated against bird flu now? I saw a snippet on TV the other night where they were vaccinating white Jemima Puddleducks against it.

S

samui13

ive no idea about vaccinations. I did ask Defra back in February and they said you couldnt currently export live birds from the UK at all. Hopefully this will change in the future - might not be an issue, maybe he will stay at home in the UK but it would be good to know eventually, if I wish, I can take him with me. He is a little cuddle bunny and not like a bird at all. He just sits on my lap for cuddles at all times!!!! I would have to find a very special person to leave him at home with, it would break my heart.

God why do we have these bloomin animals!!! it always leads to heartache!

G

giovanna

hi i m in Egypt,
i found a dog here...or the dog found me...i dont know...I just wish to ask...Does any one knows about rules here, for expot this dog to italy.......??

THANK U

Georgina

Georgina

hi i m in Egypt,
i found a dog here...or the dog found me...i dont know...I just wish to ask...Does any one knows about rules here, for expot this dog to italy.......??

THANK U
If you are in Hurghada I would call the vet Dr Sammy on 0121664628 to get everything sorted. I am not sure exactly what though.

V

vix

hi i m in Egypt,

THANK U
Oh dear, I do feel for you, its so easy to get attached. Georgina had some friends that took their dogs to Germany, it may be worth asking her.
Good luck.

V

vix

Oh dear, I do feel for you, its so easy to get attached. Georgina had some friends that took their dogs to Germany, it may be worth asking her.
Good luck.
GREAT MINDS think alike!!!!!

N

nymaatra

taking dogs into italy

You can take up to 5 pets with you to italy, but you have to travel with them. They need thier jabs not more than one month before and all paper work has to be in italian.

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

Exporting Dogs from Egypt?

hi i m in Egypt,

THANK U
Hi Giovanni

Whilst the Egyptian authorities probably dont have any problems with you taking your dog OUT of the country Italy for sure will have rules about bringing it IN. As an EU member states I am sure that you would have to have all of his injections up to date and to have him microchipped. He then gets the new Blue Euro Passport. Normally he has to have blood tests and you need to visit a good vet to find out for sure.

Georgina

Georgina

I am writing an article for El Gouna magazine about our furry, four legged residents. If you have any interesting or amusing tales to tell about life for them in Egypt I would love to hear from you. You can email me please on [email protected]

Many thanks.

Georgina

Georgina

Defra

This is a reply from DEFRA regarding bringing pets from the UK to Egypt:

Thank you for your email received 3 August 2008 regarding the export of
pets to Egypt from the UK

I can confirm an export health certificate is required for all cats and
dogs travelling from the UK to Egypt and once the health certificate has
been signed and stamped by an Official Veterinarian, it should be taken
to the following offices for legalisation:

Legalisation Office
Foreign Commonwealth Office
Whitehall
London
SW1A 2LG

And then to:

The Egyptian Consulate General
2 Lowndes Street
Belgravia
London
SW1X 9ET

Please be advised that to obtain the export health certificate cats and
dogs require a vaccination against rabies not less than 1 month and not
more that 12 months before travel. Owners and agents wishing to export
unvaccinated animals to Egypt are advised to contact the Egyptian
Embassy in London (see address above) to obtain a derogation which
should be forwarded to the local Animal Health office before travel.

Owners will also be required to make a written declaration to their
Official Veterinarian stating that the animal(s) has/have not been
imported into Great Britain during the 6 months prior to export.

You may find it of useful to view a specimen copy of the export health
certificate and it's accompanying guidelines, all of which we generally
send out to exporters as a reference tool. Unfortunately, I cannot send
this information by email however if you could provide a postal address
or a fax number I would be happy to send it to you.

I hope this answered your questions. Should you require further
information you may wish to.

* Check our website Defra, UK - Animal health and welfare - Bringing pets to Britain
* Contact our PETS helpline on 0870 2411710
. Or email us on [email protected]

Yours sincerely
Lynnette Scott
Rabies Correspondence Team
Animal Health Chelmsford

L

liaswilliam

Has anyone transported their dog from the UK to Egypt?
Yes , i have done its opposite , i transport my cat from egypt to UK. And It is not much difficult to do. you can go to any pet transportation service provider to transport your pet without taking much stress.
you can chose citizenshipper service which i used for my cat. They can fulfill your needs because they will connect you to professional, animal-loving, independent contract transporters committed to excellence. and you will receive free quotes, have the ability to check out transporter reviews and discuss details before accepting a bid - keeping you in the driver’s seat throughout the process!

Last edited:
J

jamifids

Contact a pet transport service. Usually they are sedated and sleep through the flight.