Parque Dourado - Fortaleza

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fiege1224

When I get chance or rather if I remember early in the day enough I will connact property showrooms and try suss out if they actually know them selfs whats happening with the project, or in infact know anything at all about developing in brazil.

The 'proposed new golf course' has not started construction, does not even have any licences of the licences needed to build it yet, they have been trying for a couple of years already, and i will be suprised if it ever gets permission to build it, not on the proposed land anyway as it was on sand dunes!

In Cumbuco it self, I dont really think property prices are growing a great deal at the very present, I personnally think it has reached a peak for a while, until other areas catch up, to an extent. Because Cumbuco became popular a few years ago now and prices there rose very quickly (especially with international agents driving the prices up too fast) I d guess that its hit a halt for a while, and also with the fact that Cumbuco is very much a gringo market with the ever strenghening R$, this will slow the market more for a town like Cumbuco.

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul. What do you think about petrobras and its 12 billon dollar refinery going in at the port near us? Its should be one of the largest port around if it happens. Steve.

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Steve, if you send me a ppm with your email address then I can send all the pics of Taiba Gardens 2 that I said I would send you.

Yeah I hear the rig will be going of the town of Pacem, which is the next town up from Cumbuco, will do great for the local economy I m sure.

Speak to you soon,
Regards
Paul

B

Blc

When I get chance or rather if I remember early in the day enough I will connact property showrooms and try suss out if they actually know them selfs whats happening with the project, or in infact know anything at all about developing in brazil.

The 'proposed new golf course' has not started construction, does not even have any licences of the licences needed to build it yet, they have been trying for a couple of years already, and i will be suprised if it ever gets permission to build it, not on the proposed land anyway as it was on sand dunes!

In Cumbuco it self, I dont really think property prices are growing a great deal at the very present, I personnally think it has reached a peak for a while, until other areas catch up, to an extent. Because Cumbuco became popular a few years ago now and prices there rose very quickly (especially with international agents driving the prices up too fast) I d guess that its hit a halt for a while, and also with the fact that Cumbuco is very much a gringo market with the ever strenghening R$, this will slow the market more for a town like Cumbuco.

Vila Gale the developers have had the permits for 3 months now and have started work. If you drive at the back of the site you will see them working. The company doing the work is Diagonal. Like the developers doing the golf and marina resort in Fortim close to Canoa they have the permits but will only start selling January 2009. So Ceara will have 3-golf courses Aquiraz underway completion dec 2008 / first 9 holes/ villa gale cumbuco underway and Fortim to start January 2009. All three developers have head offices in the same building that i work from and i know them personally. Also Cumbuco beach resort 900 units has permits and Diaganal will do 1400 units once they have the permits expected soon. All the sites are next to each other more that 4000 units. intesting Apart from Diaganal who are doing the 1400 units the others are foreign developers. All the big developers in Brazil,Rossi,Gafisa,Cyrella,Marquise have purchased sites at beach park to build 4000 units between them. The Brazilians will but at beach park its afar better area and no kite surfers who spend all day in the water i have never seen Cumbuco or Taiba busy in Taiba there are more dogs than tourist. Beach park is busy every day the road is better and takes less time to get there. The road to Cumbuco is a joke why dont they fill in the holes.
I guess with time it will come. Also big aquapark going in next to Vila gale.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member

Vila Gale the developers have had the permits for 3 months now and have started work. If you drive at the back of the site you will see them working. The company doing the work is Diagonal. Like the developers doing the golf and marina resort in Fortim close to Canoa they have the permits but will only start selling January 2009. So Ceara will have 3-golf courses Aquiraz underway completion dec 2008 / first 9 holes/ villa gale cumbuco underway and Fortim to start January 2009. All three developers have head offices in the same building that i work from and i know them personally. Also Cumbuco beach resort 900 units has permits and Diaganal will do 1400 units once they have the permits expected soon. All the sites are next to each other more that 4000 units. intesting Apart from Diaganal who are doing the 1400 units the others are foreign developers. All the big developers in Brazil,Rossi,Gafisa,Cyrella,Marquise have purchased sites at beach park to build 4000 units between them. The Brazilians will but at beach park its afar better area and no kite surfers who spend all day in the water i have never seen Cumbuco or Taiba busy in Taiba there are more dogs than tourist. Beach park is busy every day the road is better and takes less time to get there. The road to Cumbuco is a joke why dont they fill in the holes.
I guess with time it will come. Also big aquapark going in next to Vila gale.
I liked the beach a lot at beach park and i had a great time at the water park but I missed out going on the "Insano" ride as it was closed :(.

The biggest problem I see with the beach park area is that it is just badly planned and developed already let alone when they convert the car park of the aqua park to a condo and start building massive resorts at both ends of beach park. Only time will tell if the local govt. will clean it up.

B

Blc

I liked the beach a lot at beach park and i had a great time at the water park but I missed out going on the "Insano" ride as it was closed :(.

The biggest problem I see with the beach park area is that it is just badly planned and developed already let alone when they convert the car park of the aqua park to a condo and start building massive resorts at both ends of beach park. Only time will tell if the local govt. will clean it up.
The larger developments at beach park will move away from the aqua park and be based around the new golf course towards Praia Japon 2kms. You are correct in saying it was badly planned this will inprove with time. Can you think of a better attraction and beach in the north east? The weekends at this place is amazing live music on the beach sitting in the shade under the palm trees this place works its always busy. All the big money from the big developers will be spent here i have seen the plans from Gafisa and Cyrella and they look good.

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
The larger developments at beach park will move away from the aqua park and be based around the new golf course towards Praia Japon 2kms. You are correct in saying it was badly planned this will inprove with time. Can you think of a better attraction and beach in the north east? The weekends at this place is amazing live music on the beach sitting in the shade under the palm trees this place works its always busy. All the big money from the big developers will be spent here i have seen the plans from Gafisa and Cyrella and they look good.
I can think of plenty of better beaches but as far as man-made attractions go it is pretty good.

I have seen the plans for the area as well, but we decided not to get involved as it isn't the type of development we usually sell.

Which agency do you work for blc?

B

Blc

I can think of plenty of better beaches but as far as man-made attractions go it is pretty good.

I have seen the plans for the area as well, but we decided not to get involved as it isn't the type of development we usually sell.

Which agency do you work for blc?
There are better beaches yes but not with the attractions like beach park this is the best.

The developments will be all frontline beach resorts with 1+3 floors with spa facilites ect.. one will have 225 units the other 425 the project from cyrela is bigger. Im not sure how many units the golf course site will have but its a big site with morethan 2kms of beach a perfect site for a golf course.

I work for a company based in Fortaleza selling realestae mainly to Americans.

Which beach would you say is better than beach park? That has modern facilites beach club and attractions apart from pipa.

S

s29feb

fiege1224 / Steve

Can you mail me at s29feb @ gmail . com regarding beach gardens two and kitchens etc - in case you don't remember I'm your neighbour in 106!

Alternatively Paul-Brasil could you pass it to me, or even get in touch regarding kitchen installation as I need mine done also :)

John

T

theadebo

fiege1224 / Steve

Can you mail me at s29feb @ gmail . com regarding beach gardens two and kitchens etc - in case you don't remember I'm your neighbour in 106!

Alternatively Paul-Brasil could you pass it to me, or even get in touch regarding kitchen installation as I need mine done also :)

John
Ha ha, fancy seeing you on here? One of my friends has a place in Beach Gardens 1 and in a recent conversation with the developer he was told that they were trying to put together some basic funiture/fixtures packages so might be worth getting in touch with them. That aside, there are a million and one kitchen places in Fortaleza ranging from cheap to uber luxery, take your pick. Given the size of the units and that you're probably not going to want more than a couple of cupboards and a gas hob, you could always do it yourself in a day... or get a local chippy to install something either flat pack or bespoke (I can ask around for you). If you need any help you know where you can reach me.

Anywho, how's the kitesurfing back home? Winter must be setting in, I don't envy you that prospect one iota John. Enjoy it none the less, me, I'll still be in me boardies.

Ate Ja

T

theadebo

On the "Is Beach Park, Isn't Beach Park the best beach to invest in" topic, it depends. Beach Park will become a very developed area, but I can only see the bad design and layout continuing. I envisage something of a Costa Del Sol, concrete jungle atmosphere... and I think that's the first time I've ever used the word atmosphere in conjunction with Porto Da Dunas (Beach Park). Yeah, yeah, Beach Park itself puts on some really nice gig/party/events, but the town has no centre, no heart, no soul no.... atmosphere. Plus, have you ever tried to get from Porto Da Dunas to Fortaleza late on a Sunday, I once tried it in peak season and it took 1.5 hours just to get to the main road (Washington Soares). One and a half hours, 12km!!! Most of the people at Porto Da Dunas are day trippers (and especially on the weekend) from Fortaleza. They aren't tourists.

On the other side of Fortaleza, some one said earlier in the thread that they thought prices there were stagnant. This is currently true, and I think it's been that way for the past 18 months. As the other person said, foreign investment by property speculators drove the prices there up over the previous 6 or 7 years, and at present it's topped out. Vila Gale have started building their 5 Star resort/Golf Course and Spa just down the beach and are hoping to encourage (ie sell land) to other resort companies to create a luxury resort hub. When Vila Gale gets closer to completion of stage 1, then prices in Cumbuco should start rise again along with demand. This will be further facilitated if the proposed plans for redeveloping the central beach front strip with a promenade and retail units comes to fruition. This should stimulate development and improvement to the rest of the village centre. The fact that Cumbuco has a village centre, all be it a fairly run down an unattractive one will be for many investors a massive advantage over PDD. There are already bar and restaurants all conveniently located in the centre making it easy to walk from your house/hotel to a restaurant for dinner, on to a bar for drinks then back home. Where as PDD is all over the place and will "probably" remain so.

Cumbuco does have one little mentioned achilles heels though, one that only those that live here are really aware of, although seldom talk about. Coastal erosion! In the two year I've lived here I've seen the high water mark move at alarming pace up the beach. This is mainly due to sea defences that went in close to Fortaleza, this eems to have accelerated erosion down current. Several beach bars and restaurants in Icarai are in peril of being washed away, in fact, some already have. When I take the dog for a walk along the beach I can't help but notice those houses which will soon have to consider taking measures to prevent their gardens being annexed by the Atlantic Ocean.

Taiba's greatest attractions are that it is a quite and picturesque village, more so than Cumbuco and it's much cheaper too. It has atmosphere, a genuine feeling of being a cosy village. It also benifits from the Vila Gale development. The hope is that the developments in Taiba and Nova Taiba will bring in the punters and stimulate the growth of business in the village without it losing it's charm. Taiba has one of the best and least violent of Carnivals in the area, a well celebrate culinary festival and is attracting a lot of artsy, creative types, just the right type to stimulate development of classy boutique shops rather than tacky souvenir emporiums. Perhaps in 5-10 years Taiba will become the Pipa of Ceara. Perhaps!?

On the negative side, Taiba does have to contend with the massive investment by Ceara in the container port and Petrobras in the oil terminal in Pecem. There are other proposed investments in Pecem which could have negative effects locally, one being the early discussions into an airport (for freight not tourists) to leverage the Port and turn Pecem into a major logistics centre for Brazil. The other thing (which personally I welcome but I know some people hate) is the proliferation of wind turbines. The new ones along the coast to Paracuru are going in nicely as are the ones on the dunes which overshadow Taiba.

Basically, both sides have there pluses and their minuses. PDD/Beach Park will appeal to those looking for a very commercial looking and feeling property investment with little regard for a sense of community. Cumbuco, Taiba and any number of other beach villages in Ceara provide an alternative to those who are concrete jungle phobic.

S

s29feb

Hey Andrew :D

Just got really bloody cold here and a pee in the wettie is actually something to look forward to now! :eek:

I have PM'd you on Kiteboarder regarding a couple of things.

Laters

Status
Not open for further replies.