Property tv
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Overseas Property Agency

Discussion in 'Buying Overseas Property' started by marc, Aug 31, 2006.

1. marc

marc New Member

Hi all,

After a bit of head-scratching for a business idea I have come up with the proposition of setting up an overseas property agency, helping people in the US to invest in property abroad. While I have no direct experience in the property industry, I lived for many years in one of the "destination" countries for US buyers/holidaymakers and also have a fairly strong background in finance. I am confident that I can acquire the knowledge I need to offer a first-class service.

I have hit a stumbling block quite early on in my investigations so I hope that one of the property wizards can answer my question: I won't be able to open an office in my target country so how do I go about getting properties to advertise to potential clients in the US??? I have thought about partnering with an estate agent abroad but what sort of agreement would we need to reach to ensure that I get paid fairly for my work? (I am worried that I do all the work in the US and then the foreign estate agent sells the property to my client as if he/she has introduced them to the property)

Also, I'd appreciate any other related wisdom from people experienced in the industry.

Thanks!!!
    Marc

2. damien

damien New Member

Hi Marc,
    Overseas property investing is growing in popularity, there is a big opportunity here.

Lots of people are setting up - I get unsolicited emails from them. Quite a few are pretty unproffesional and just jumping on the bandwaggon.

Im sure it cant be hard to find developers and agree terms, after all these cowboy guys I describe above seem to have been able to do it.

Im a fairly experienced foreign property investor having gotten out of UK B2L a while back.
    Thank you
    Damien

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.