No British Consulate in Hurghada

• Thread starter britishegyptian
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

britishegyptian

I just wondered what everyone thought about having no Britis consulate in Hurghada.
When there was one?
Is there a need or would you prefer a private person/company to take care of any problems you have independently...what ever they may be?
Someone who can go to the governor of Hurghada or someone who knows the Chief of tourism police in Hurghada, knows the immigration rules as to how you get in and out of Hurghada as well as your possession etc..
And know the rules from Cairo...in case there are any contradictions such as bringing your car over here!...trust me I know ALL about this hassle!

Georgina

Georgina

Thankfully in six years of living in El Gouna I never had to use the British Consulate in Hurghada. However, a few of us ex-pats received a lovely invitation via the previous Consulate Brian to a reception onboard HMS Richmond when it stopped in Safaga in February last year I think it was. We met all the Officers and Captain and had a tour of the ship including inside the Marlin helicopter. Drank loads of lovely 'European' wine and ate canapes. HMS Richmond was then heading for the Gulf.

S

SHARM-SERVICES

On a personal note I only ever used the British Consul for passport issues, but now they don't get involved in that anyway, has to be done directly through Paris?!

P

Pez

I have just received some information asking if I would like to use the estate agents lawyer, if I choose to buy property from them, as they are registered with the British Embassy and based in Hurghada, his services range from £750 to £1,250. From the posts here there is no British Embassy in Hurghada. Can somebody clear this up for me.
Thanks,
Pez

S

SHARM-SERVICES

I have just received some information asking if I would like to use the estate agents lawyer, if I choose to buy property from them, as they are registered with the British Embassy and based in Hurghada, his services range from £750 to £1,250. From the posts here there is no British Embassy in Hurghada. Can somebody clear this up for me.
Thanks,
Pez
I think it means the lawyer is based in Hurghada, not the embassy.

Status
Not open for further replies.