New Convention Centre in JP

R

rkinvestor

Hi,
Anybody heard of new convention centre going to be built in Joao Pessoa?
I just got the news from my company about this.

Thanks,
RK

G

Grumpy

I too have heard this. Yes it's for real from my research but I'll find out a bit more & come back to you......seeing as nobody else is bothering to!

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
I too have heard this. Yes it's for real from my research but I'll find out a bit more & come back to you......seeing as nobody else is bothering to!
JP needs to build a lot of international standard hotels before it will start attracting conventions.

Regards,
Rob.

debzor

debzor

JP needs to build a lot of international standard hotels before it will start attracting conventions.

Regards,
Rob.
I have heard of this rumour as well - but I see a problem not only with the hotels, but also the fact that the airport does accept international flights at present. How can you have international conventions without international direct flights?

brackenhoe

brackenhoe

I have heard of this rumour as well - but I see a problem not only with the hotels, but also the fact that the airport does accept international flights at present. How can you have international conventions without international direct flights?
I can confirm that the signs have gone up for this project... saw them in October.. caused quite a stir... reckon land prices in the area went up 10% overnight!

I do agree that the area badly needs more top class hotels, but the airport may not be a problem as we know the good ole folks living in Rio and Sao Paulo are starting to get their teeth into hot seaside holidays, with lots of sand and little crime. I would bet, they'll be aiming for internal Brazilian business conferences and who can blame them.... does Brazil really need the rest of the world?

G

growler

It looks as though they are already clearing the ground in preparation for the commencement of building (on the coast road heading toward Jacuma just a few miles from Ponta Sexta).

Lets hope the finish is better than the Cultural Centre finished last year and which has already been repaired and repainted on the outside due to cracks and bulges appearing on the walls.

G

growler

"JP needs to build a lot of international standard hotels before it will start attracting conventions. "

A friend in JP recently told me there were plans for several new "top class" hotels along the coast of JP, anyone else heard of this or is it like the "new direct flights into JP" story?