Morroco - investing and HEALTH facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Investy

As a keen Morocco investor I wondered what people's thoughts are on health facilities?

I only invested as Saidia will have an on - site Hospital staffed by many Doctors.

People might think this a little over cautious but I have young children and they rely totaly on me for thier welfare so I must make decisions to take full account of thier needs.

Kids can develop 'out of the blue' potentialy fatal conditions such as blood poisoning, croup, asthma attacks, menegitis and many more. Ive heard the state hospitals leave a lot to be desired.

I know this may be a bit depressing to think about, sorry for that, but for me its the number 1 consideration.

W

www.goldbergglobal.com

Investy I can put you in touch with a French reliable agent I am working with in this market, for answers on such questions. regards Darren
email me on [email protected] if you are interested.

T

The Soup Dragon

All too often holidaymakers and people buying their place in the sun don't think of this. I see having good medical facilities on site as a plus as we are not deterring potential holidaymakers or future buyers. It should also help reduce likelihood of health horror stories in foreign press about resort.

Medical facilities weren't the most important factor for me, but it fed into the equation when making decision to buy in Saidia. (Same applies for Port Lixus.)

J

just-alex

health

Investy said:
As a keen Morocco investor I wondered what people's thoughts are on health facilities?

I only invested as Saidia will have an on - site Hospital staffed by many Doctors.

People might think this a little over cautious but I have young children and they rely totaly on me for thier welfare so I must make decisions to take full account of thier needs.

Kids can develop 'out of the blue' potentialy fatal conditions such as blood poisoning, croup, asthma attacks, menegitis and many more. Ive heard the state hospitals leave a lot to be desired.

I know this may be a bit depressing to think about, sorry for that, but for me its the number 1 consideration.
Absolutely agree...the first question I asked before reserving, couldn't understand why Fadesa hadn't prioritised it...I've seen the inside of a public Moroccan hospital in Agadir, not somewhere you would want to spend more than 30 seconds.....having said that there are multiple day clinics in OUjda and one large one in Berkane which are private....that means you pay or have good international expensive health insurance!! About 30 /40euros for a chat with the consultant...not bad..
There are positives to the system here if you pick and choose carefully and have a bit of medical nouse.....e.g. whereas you have to wait ages to see consultants after a GP has done tests which can involve trips to the hospital, here if you know what you want you just visit the consultant directly, pay, and he sends you to a laboratory , privately run, of which there are loads, you get the results in a few hours and the return consultation is free, off to the chemist and hey presto..........it sounds simple but if you really want to be safe and think you might need to actually stay in a hospital...its off to Melilla, flight to Malaga and use your European reciprocal health card!!!!
hope that helps, it is worrying I agree!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.