Malaysian property

B

brayan

Hi all,
I'm about to sell a property to my tenant. It is the best win-win situation for us.

The trouble is the convincing cost there is high and carries a full service lawyer charge of over RM 4000 in comparison to AUD 550 to 600 here. Interestingly, the normal practice is to used the buyer's solicitor to close the deal.

Any comment from anyone with Malaysian property selling experience
Thanks in advance

B

brenden

Hey Brayan,
I quests I'll reply as no one can offer insight.

I've since found a reputable lawyer (Skrine Malaysia) myself through the web. He is as thorough as it gets. It has been the best slept few nights I had since he was able to answer all concerns I have in the deal.

Btw, I was told only to use the buyer's lawyer when the transfer of title involves relatives and loved ones, definitely not to your average tenant.
All the best

A

ariecol

Hey Brayan,
I quests I'll reply as no one can offer insight.

I've since found a reputable lawyer (Skrine Malaysia) myself through the web. He is as thorough as it gets. It has been the best slept few nights I had since he was able to answer all concerns I have in the deal.

Btw, I was told only to use the buyer's lawyer when the transfer of title involves relatives and loved ones, definitely not to your average tenant.
All the best
skrine is one of the top lawyer firm in malaysia. was told there were three top firm.

A

askfind

Hi Brayan.

I think there shd be no fear abt the sale of the property to your tenant. Yes the cost of legal fee's is high. You can ask for a "discount". Lawyers will tell you that their rates are as prescribed by the legal council board. Honestly those rates are not realistic.

So find a lawyer and tell him the whole thing and tell him this is what you want, ie i want 30% discount, etc, in other words tell him what fee's you want to pay and let him fight for your business.

Secondly, AUD 600 = RM 2670 anyways. So there isn't much difference. If you need a good lawyer, I can recommended mine with whom we do all our business and all you have to do is negotiate on the fees you want to pay.

hope this helps...
cheers.

P

prohdv

There are many lawyers in town. Doesn't have to be top 3..but get those who can really work for you.

P

PropertyMaster

@prohdv

Yeah pick 2-3 lawyers that really can help you on your property investment

D

Dave_Velasco

Hm.. It's quite hard to find a lawyer these days in Malaysia. But they are quite right about it.

D

dcmhomebuyers112

Find property in Malaysia with uk - the UK's number one property website. We are pleased to offer a range of property in Malaysia. If you are looking for your dream property in Malaysia, you have come to the right place! uk lists the very latest property in Malaysia.