Maceio apartment

Usha

Usha

Hi there,

My friend buys apartments and renovates them. Check her work and tell me what you think. It is her side job, since she works with me at a Brazilian urban development agency.

She does one apartment at a time. She guts them, changes the layout, all plumbing and wiring. She only uses top materials and finishes. She sets the place in a way the new owner only has to move in. Everything is in place, wardrobes, kitchen cabinets, air conditioner, and so on. She is very successful because she does not overcharges. Her profit is based on design and construction fees one would pay anyway to an accomplished architect, which she is.

So far her clients have been Brazilians who see the great and hassle free deal. I told her about the forum and said I would post here. Italians are the foreigners that have chosen Maceio, they are everywhere. Maceio is still a little known international destination, albeit hot with Brazilians.

The pics are here:
Álbuns da web do Picasa - Carla - Apartamento

Tell me your opinion. Is her design up to foreigner taste? Can we post it here?

Thanks,

Usha

J

JMBroad

Personally I think it looks like nice work - the finishes seem good from the photos and I think most Europeans would be happy with the quality, especially considering the standard finishes in Brazil which don't normally include all the trimmings which Europeans take for granted (cupboards, dressers, etc).

As for posting here - you can post here as you did to ask an opinion whether the work done is up to standards, although I removed the asking price and location of the apartment as that constitutes advertising which is not allowed on this part of the site - to advertise (with prices and location and contact details, etc) the other part of the site has to be used.

Cheers

John