legal worry for buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave2u

we have all been told by solicitors that full registration has its disadvantages the long process and you can not sell for 5 years.so we have all been guided down the path of contract validity in the the hurghada court and pow from developer saying you have paid final payments.are you now the legal owner of the property as i am now finding out no??? .without full registration a developer can take out a loan as we know has happened and if they do not pay this your apartment can be taken off you.so are we all being misinformed paying all this money to the solicitors and hurghada only to find that the proctection is not woth the paper it is writen on.

J

johnwayne

Banned
hi dave2u, this is news to us. can anyone else confirm this or give further information please?

D

dave2u

the only time a loan on the property shows up is full registration could have be taken out after due dilligence and anytime untill you have the green contract and full title.this is a fact based on what is happening on a big development in hurghada

A

Alan Cockayne

Banned
the only time a loan on any property shows up is when full registration could have been taken out, after due dilligence and anytime untill you have the green contract and full title. This is a fact based on what is happening on a big development in hurghada
I hope this helps.
As with any property deeds of entitlement (or full registration of ownership) loans and mortgages are shown on them. This gives the lenders a charge over it in case of default. Your developer registration documents won't show this.

However, we have often seen development due dilligence change ownership. Sometimes through fresh investment (as in Practical Partnerships) sometimes because of bereavement or lack of development funds. Sometimes through compulsory government methods.

This is often when investing owners meet problems, especially when the developer Green Documents are not yet handed over. It maybe at the final payment stages that these issues come out and innevitably buyers suffer the stresses and strong pressure to stump up the cash without this proof. Even after signing the final contract and you pay up, the documents take a while to complete and be returned to you duly authorised.

It is a long standing issue, the government can't solve. Or maybe don't want to change it, as I often state "these grey areas are often made to be misused." Off-Plan projects seem to be more suspect.

That's why I advocate buying on Hotel Resort developments, often these are part of Multi-National companies that have good background. Due Dilligence means something here. Private projects are more vulnerable to misrepresentation, mostly built with your cash by inexperienced workers with accountants sometimes not accountable.

Until a body of regulation steps in and independent advisors are given jurisdiction to help, it's still a minefield out there.

Question: If qualified independent surveyors, inspectors and legal advisors were allowed to practice without prejudice, would buyers be confident to hire them?

Alan Cockayne. Coralife-Style Consultants.

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

I hope this helps.
As with any property deeds of entitlement (or full registration of ownership) loans and mortgages are shown on them. This gives the lenders a charge over it in case of default. Your developer registration documents won't show this.

However, we have often seen development due dilligence change ownership. Sometimes through fresh investment (as in Practical Partnerships) sometimes because of bereavement or lack of development funds. Sometimes through compulsory government methods.

This is often when investing owners meet problems, especially when the developer Green Documents are not yet handed over. It maybe at the final payment stages that these issues come out and innevitably buyers suffer the stresses and strong pressure to stump up the cash without this proof. Even after signing the final contract and you pay up, the documents take a while to complete and be returned to you duly authorised.

It is a long standing issue, the government can't solve. Or maybe don't want to change it, as I often state "these grey areas are often made to be misused." Off-Plan projects seem to be more suspect.

That's why I advocate buying on Hotel Resort developments, often these are part of Multi-National companies that have good background. Due Dilligence means something here. Private projects are more vulnerable to misrepresentation, mostly built with your cash by inexperienced workers with accountants sometimes not accountable.

Until a body of regulation steps in and independent advisors are given jurisdiction to help, it's still a minefield out there.

Question: If qualified independent surveyors, inspectors and legal advisors were allowed to practice without prejudice, would buyers be confident to hire them?

Alan Cockayne. Coralife-Style Consultants.
Hi Alan, i have noticed your posts are becoming more and more frustrated. Did we not have this conversation about 8 months ago ans still nothing has changed, all i see is coruption, coruption, coruption.

Has anyone in the Hurghada region actually completed on a property and has received the full documentation to show they own the apartment and had it verified by an independent solicitor from out of the Hurghada region?

How can the Egyptian government stand by now as almost 500 apartments could potentially be reclaimed and resold with the investors losing their money. This will be an end to the property market in Egypt:mad:

WILL SOMEONE WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.