Joint property forced sale

B

billkadir

Hi, four years ago I purchased a two bed flat on a new build block in Altinkum with my then girlfriend. We ended our relationship two years ago and I am trying to get out of the deal as I no longer use it. My ex girlfriend refuses to allow a sale and will not let me buy her out and she will not buy me out. Is there any way I can force a sale as I am still being charged for utilities and maintenance. Thanks

ozsubasi

ozsubasi

As the posting was some time ago you may have resolved it by now, but if not then I would suggest you should really take legal advice (from a Turkish solicitor).
I am assuming that both names are on the tapu, and basically your arrangement was a business one (as you were not married) and if one partner does not want to sell I don't believe there is much the other can do about it. But a solicitor will be able to advise you better.

R

RealEstateTurkey

There are many legal solutions for your problem. First of all, you can sell your share to anyone who wants to buy. But you should inform the other shareholder (your girlfriend) that you are selling your share to a third party. Because, the shareholder has preemption right to purchase your share. Because of this risk, it is difficult to sell your share to other potential receiver. If you or the receiver of your share doesn’t inform the shareholder, within two year period after selling procedure, the shareholder can file a case and cancel your selling procedure.
For other solutions we advise you meeting with a lawyer or law firm.

Y

ytokgoz

a good solicitor would deal with this case, you can sell your share legally but you must inform your partner and legally you should offer her to buy, if not you can sell it legally by auction by turkish court

ozsubasi

ozsubasi

Given the low property prices in the area anyway, I find it hard to imagine anyone wanting to buy a 50% share in a property unless they already knew the remaining shareholder well. Even so, given the existing problems, they could face the same problems later if they in turn decided they wanted to sell.

T

TUNCAYLAWOFFICE

Hi, four years ago I purchased a two bed flat on a new build block in Altinkum with my then girlfriend. We ended our relationship two years ago and I am trying to get out of the deal as I no longer use it. My ex girlfriend refuses to allow a sale and will not let me buy her out and she will not buy me out. Is there any way I can force a sale as I am still being charged for utilities and maintenance. Thanks
Hello,
I would advice you to start a case of separation from the partnership. In such cases through the court you will be able to bring the property in an auction and if you want from the auction you can buy the other share of the property.