Is Vancouver the new London of real estate?

Discussion in 'North America Real Estate' started by Nicholas Wallwork, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Premium Member

2. nmb

nmb Well-Known Member

Vancouver is certainly attracting a lot of interest from overseas investors - China in particular.

Is this the new London? Personally I don't think so as there are many different aspects which make London stand out. It is the financial capital of the western world (in the eyes of many) for starters.

3. realdeals

realdeals Active Member

Talk about problems for the London housing market is at its worst now - all doom and gloom. In my opinion a good time to show interest in buying.

4. diyhelp

diyhelp Active Member

Not sure now is the right me to buy London property but not too far away. Canada will also ride out this current storm as I fully expect investors to spread their wings to neighbouring areas where there may be greater relative value. We see this all round the world :)

5. Longterminvestor

Longterminvestor Active Member

We always see real estate hot spots emerging. The key is to spot the short term ones and the long term ones - Vancouver is a long term investment and unlikely to fall back too far with all of this underlying demand. Just my opinion.