ad

Is David Cameron playing a dangerous game with Help to Buy?

• Thread starter Nicholas Wallwork
  • Start date
Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no doubt that the Labour Party conference last week produced a number of surprises which caught the Conservative party and David Cameron offguard. Over the last few days, ahead of the Conservative party conference in Manchester, the government has tried to play down the Labour Party’s new initiatives to control the cost of [...]

Click to Read The Full Story and Add your Own Comments to Is David Cameron playing a dangerous game with Help to Buy?

M

MikeOllington

"but while consumers and investors continue to see their property values rising, many are oblivious to the potential problems in the longer term." I think that's the case, just as the American crash occurred, the public can become like ostriches when it comes to finances. As long as money is increasing why worry? It's human nature yet we paid a heavy price for the American optimism. Let's hope the Right to Buy scheme isn't letting the Government lead us down a house price garden path...

B

Bilbo80

Hmm, I haven't read enough about this to kow what I think really, but I'm by nature very cautious about this kind of thing.
Young house buyers need cheaper homes, not more debt that will push prices higher. It will help them get on the property ladder but what happens if interest rates go up, as they are bound to.

R

richjharvey

Think the scheme will artificially increase house prices, unfortunately the British economy is to relient on house prices, is getting harder and harder for people to get on the property market, in short term this will help but house prices will just go up out of reach again.