Investing in Dubai

J

JimTrack

I would like to understand about Rental Investment options in Dubai, am thinking to Buy an apartment and rent it out. Am seeing a yield of about 8-12% on such investments. I have few questions if the forum can help me

1. I don't live in Dubai, could I still get mortgage for buying the property (may be between 50-75%)

2. Which area in Dubai has high demand for rental properties and a high return as compare to the price of the property.

3. What is expected impact of Dubai Expo 2020 on the property prices and rental values.

4. Is there a law that prohibits non residents to buy a property for investment in Dubai ?

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
S

samanthaflax02

Banned
Dubai property rental can be slightly difficult for a new resident to the city. The prospect of finding a reasonable place to live, one that fits rental budgets and location requirements is a challenging task, anywhere in the world. In this city especially, finding Dubai Property for rent can be daunting.
Dubai Marina has high demand for rental properties.

M

Mark007

I would like to understand about Rental Investment options in Dubai, am thinking to Buy an apartment and rent it out. Am seeing a yield of about 8-12% on such investments. I have few questions if the forum can help me

1. I don't live in Dubai, could I still get mortgage for buying the property (may be between 50-75%)

This is possible but LTV's are very low

2. Which area in Dubai has high demand for rental properties and a high return as compare to the price of the property.

The rental market is incredible in Dubai right now due to sales prices close to their all time high. The safer bets are one or two bedroom apartments in The Greens, Emaar developments in Dubai Marina or Emaar developments in Downtown dubai.

3. What is expected impact of Dubai Expo 2020 on the property prices and rental values.

I would say that 6 years from now regardless of the Expo capital appreciation will have made the investment a positive one. The Expo will bring a lot more demand here in Dubai but there is a lot of new developments happening as well to consider

4. Is there a law that prohibits non residents to buy a property for investment in Dubai ?

No not all. This is promoted. it is said 8/10 property purchases here are from outside investors. Where true or not its very common for "outsiders" to buy in Dubai

<snip>

Hi, I have tried to answer your post with the most accurate info possible after being in Dubai for nearly 5 years.

Let me know if you need any more help and I will happily oblige