ad

Inner court development

C

Caroline mu

hi, I am new here, I exchanged contracts on the inner court London development earlier this year, paid 50% deposit, but the developer has not started building work due to the tenant overstated. My solicitor sent un-exchange notice to vendors solicitor a month ago, then the developer give us two options: offer us another development or return the deposit on long stop date on30/11/17, we refused both offer and requested the refund, then vendors solicitor told us he can't get hold of the developer, what should I do now?
Caroline

G

Goff

Hi Caroline, i am also a buyer of Inner Court residence and I have the same situation as yours - paid 40% of the price but they failed to fulfill the contract. Not to mention they haven't started construction, the old building is not demolished. All the lines to the solicitor and developer are shut down. I have a bad feeling that this is a scam. Since I am new to the UK I don't know where to seek help. Perhaps we can exchange our contact so that we can talk this through?

N

nmb

What is the full company name of the developer? I was going to check companies house for you to see how the company accounts were looking? There is one there (I wont mention the name incase it is the wrong one) where the accounts are overdue which does not look good if this is the one.

G

Goff

It's called Innercourt International - Developer at Inner Court Developers. You can view this on Linkedin. I checked in companies house and this company looks very dodgy - the directors are changing back and forth in short period of time. The company failed to pay certain fees/taxes to the government this year. I am 90% this is a scam.

D

diyhelp

To be honest it does not sound good when a company looking after your money is not paying their taxes. A constant changing of directors at best suggests uncertainly within the group and at worst some kind of front for a possible scam?