Hurghada Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kalou1972

Hi there,

My partner and I are coming over to Hurghada end of September with the intention of purchasing a property. Its initailly for an investment but we would like to use a few weeks a year.
Can anyone recommend some good sites to consider? We are going to have between 28-33k but would like to buy a furnished 2 bedroom apartment. So ....we could do with some finance deal ie pay 60% down the remainder paid by rental scheme with developer ....or as Khamsin Beach 40% down and a 10 year payemnt plan for the rest with rental guarantee to cover the payments??

We are open to all options or ideas.

Thanks

Karen

Last edited:
I

International Dreams

Banned
Hi Karen

Khamsin Beach at present is the only development offering finance apartment from Sunset Pearl, but this would not fit into your price range. Khamsin is a good development and offer a range of facilities. Only other option would be to buy in a development that not ready for 2/3 years and pay on a payment plan eg 20% every six months but doesn't sound what you are looking for. Hope this helps

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi if you have considered Sharm there are lots available there. The apartment next to me is finished but not furnished and the owner is looking for around £30,000 but it is 1 bedroom. It is ground floor with pool right in front. Another owner has a 2 bedroom opposite me finished but again unfurnished but the price is £60,000 - gives you an idea of the difference in prices between 1 and 2.

I have seen a furnished 1 bed in Hadaba recently for 350,000 le same in Nabq.

K

Kalou1972

We did consider Sharm, but both agreed we preffered Hurghada. Sounds like the prices are fairly similar tho!? We thought they would be quite a bit cheaper in Hurghada

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

Why Turkey....is it much cheaper? Personally prefer egypt
It is cheaper in some areas but i was referring more to actually receiving a completed property that someone isn't trying to reclaim, change your locks, resell (including your furniture),intimidate/threaten you or fleece you for more money:banghead:

T

t.rob

ok

It is cheaper in some areas but i was referring more to actually receiving a completed property that someone isn't trying to reclaim, change your locks, resell (including your furniture),intimidate/threaten you or fleece you for more money:banghead:[/QUO

thats a FACT

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Karen - Egypt is an emerging market! but you really do need to do your home work on developments espec in Hurghada.

I bought in Sharm and many, espec on here, tried to tell me I was doing the wrong thing by buying in Sharm on 99 yr lease as opposed to freehold cheaper properties in Hurgh.

I have taken poss of my apartment in less than 10 months from signing off plan and had all the paperwork back from the courts. We have used and rented our apartment many times since and many in Hurghada are fighting to get what they thought was theirs and lost £1000's and their propertie being re - sold so be very very wary buying ' freehold in Hurghada!!

There are many in Hurghada that have lost their life savings. Do your homework thoroughly on developers / developments / laywers / etc etc in Hurghada.

D

danny

Hi Karen - Egypt is an emerging market! but you really do need to do your home work on developments espec in Hurghada.

I bought in Sharm and many, espec on here, tried to tell me I was doing the wrong thing by buying in Sharm on 99 yr lease as opposed to freehold cheaper properties in Hurgh.

I have taken poss of my apartment in less than 10 months from signing off plan and had all the paperwork back from the courts. We have used and rented our apartment many times since and many in Hurghada are fighting to get what they thought was theirs and lost £1000's and their propertie being re - sold so be very very wary buying ' freehold in Hurghada!!

There are many in Hurghada that have lost their life savings. Do your homework thoroughly on developers / developments / laywers / etc etc in Hurghada.
Let's not make this out to be a Hurghada problem, there are problems in Sharm, Dubai, Turkey,Bulgaria, Dom Rep and I would imagine everywhere else where a quick buck is to be made.

There are 2 main companies who have shafted clients in Hurghada who probably had 10 potential resorts betwen them so it appears to be a big problem but it is down to these 2 companies and others should not be tarred with the same brush. Ironically we cannot talk about these companies on most forums so potential buyers will continue to be exploited by these people.

I personally have bought 2 properties in Hurghada and have been very happy with both of them.

S

swim-maestro

Let's not make this out to be a Hurghada problem, there are problems in Sharm, Dubai, Turkey,Bulgaria, Dom Rep and I would imagine everywhere else where a quick buck is to be made.

There are 2 main companies who have shafted clients in Hurghada who probably had 10 potential resorts betwen them so it appears to be a big problem but it is down to these 2 companies and others should not be tarred with the same brush. Ironically we cannot talk about these companies on most forums so potential buyers will continue to be exploited by these people.

I personally have bought 2 properties in Hurghada and have been very happy with both of them.
Well said Danny. I agree with your statements. As you mentioned unfortunately there are a couple of companies that tried to take full advantage of the property explosion in hurghada and have bitten off more than they can chew at the expense of their clients. A very sad situation indeed.
On the other hand there are developments that are really coming to fruition and are going to meet completion deadlines. So please as Danny mentions dont tar every development in hurghada with the same brush!
Hurghada is a amazing city and its beats the british weather here anyday!!! :)

NeilHollingsworth

NeilHollingsworth

It is a great place and even though the not be mentioned builders/developers have done what they have i still think the developments in question are really good. It is just a shame the authorities have not stepped in and sorted out the mess because it could so easily be resolved and actually the Egyptian market could have profited from it if handled correctly. It still can be rescued but it is going to take someone high up with some balls to say right enough is enough lets sort this out and put some regulations in place to stop foreign investors being fleeced.

W

westyorkshirebaldy

I too have bought in hurguada at the british resort and have had no problems i have recieved everthing i was promised so as all the other people say you cannot tarr everybody with the same brush just because of two rotten eggs, and i'm also sure there are dodgy developers in sharm as well as any where else

M

maggie

It is a great place and even though the not be mentioned builders/developers have done what they have i still think the developments in question are really good. It is just a shame the authorities have not stepped in and sorted out the mess because it could so easily be resolved and actually the Egyptian market could have profited from it if handled correctly. It still can be rescued but it is going to take someone high up with some balls to say right enough is enough lets sort this out and put some regulations in place to stop foreign investors being fleeced.
Its not just the builders/developers that are in the wrong so are some Egyptions who sold the land to the developers. and who know they are in the wrong by keeping what the invester have paid for in full. The owners of the land could give the investers their aprts but they too are getting greedy. They have been paid more then what is owed but they want to keep all the money plus sell the aprts again. So the Egyption goverment needs to look a lot closer to home But by the time someone with balls big enough to do some thing about it my aprt will be long gone to some one else. Could you tell me how easily it could be resolved then I could pass it on to my solicitor. As I think he could do with all the help he can get

K

Kalou1972

Hi Karen

My name is Jodie and I am based in the UK

I work for a real estate company owned by my friend who is originally from the UK but who as lived in Hurghada for a number of years. We currently have a number of properties available in the Hurghada area that might be of interest to you as well as other areas. As I am a new member to this site I am unable to post website links unfortunalty.

Please contact me on my email address from yours and I will be able to discuss with you further your property requirements and also I will be able to forward you details and images of the properties we currently have that you maybe be interested in.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Take care

Jodie
email me at (removing the /) j/o/d/i/e/A/T/l/i/v/i/n/g/i/n/h/u/r/g/h/a/d/a/D/O/T/n/e/t
Hi Jodie,

WE bought an apartment last november which we are over the moon with.

Thanks Karen x

El Gouna Property

El Gouna Property

Banned
I too have bought in hurguada at the british resort and have had no problems i have recieved everthing i was promised so as all the other people say you cannot tarr everybody with the same brush just because of two rotten eggs, and i'm also sure there are dodgy developers in sharm as well as any where else
You have a good choice and sure you did your home work to select your investment carefully even they difficult sometimes in communications but all paper in place and no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.