How to rent a property without brokers in Mumbai?

N

nkhurana2003

I wanted to share my experience of how to rent or even buy property without brokers in India, especially Mumbai where broker influence is stronger. Dealing directly through brokers can save you 1-2% of property value on sale transaction while it can save 1-2 months of rent on rental this. It is needless to say that this is a LOT of money. In today's information age no one should be wasting money on brokers.

There are few online and offline ways of tracking owner properties. In offline medium you can look at classified newspapers. In few cities, such as Hyderabad Owners list their ads on every Saturday. Sadly it is not very common in Mumbai. If you have an apartment building identified talking to security guard or the society office can also give you good leads.

If you do not like running around, you can get details online easily. There are niche websites coming-up that offer owner-only broker free experience. These include, GrabHouse<DOT>com, BrokerGayab<DOT>com, NoBroker<DOT>in, etc. Even big websites like 99acres, magicbricks, makaan have owner listings. You can easily contact these owners to schedule a visit and close the deal directly with them.

Hope you will find the information useful. Please leave a comment if you have any other ideas to save brokerage.

Best,
Nitin

J

JenniferKelly

I agree with you, in Mumbai Brokers play very important in role in all the transaction related to the real estate. It is very difficult to crack a deal without a broker, or to come across the nice flat/apartment or property. Online real estate portals mentioned by you, really helps to avoid the mediator(broker) and allows direct contact between Owner and Buyer, thus helps to save thousands of many.