How much time can I spend in a USA vaction home?

G

Gunther

Hi all, I work in Brazil and have a lot of time off (month on and month off),I have been spending quite a lot of time in the States lately enjoying my time off, but recently I was stopped at immigration (Australian entering on 90 day visa waiver) and told that I was visiting too much and they were concidering not letting me in? I showed proof of foreign employment and had never stayed more than 30 days at a time? I would like to have an American vacation home but I’m worried that I won’t have access to it? Does anyone know if owning a US vacation home gives you any sort of rights to visit it? I would like to spend about 120 days per year in the US. Any advise or experiance others have had is much appriciated!

Gene

Gene

Good Question

Hi all, I work in Brazil and have a lot of time off (month on and month off),I have been spending quite a lot of time in the States lately enjoying my time off, but recently I was stopped at immigration (Australian entering on 90 day visa waiver) and told that I was visiting too much and they were concidering not letting me in? I showed proof of foreign employment and had never stayed more than 30 days at a time? I would like to have an American vacation home but I’m worried that I won’t have access to it? Does anyone know if owning a US vacation home gives you any sort of rights to visit it? I would like to spend about 120 days per year in the US. Any advise or experiance others have had is much appriciated!
Hi Gunther and welcome to the site. That really is a good question. I'm from the states and don't have an answer on that one. With changing times and security issues I'm not surprised with the concerns immigration has. Hopefully someone on the site will have information for you or perhaps it would be a good idea also to contact the US embassy where you live for details and help.
Please let us all know what you find out as you go along.

Gene

D

Dave_Velasco

Well, as far as I know, before you have to own a US vacation house (depending on what target region you are planning) I guess you have to become a citizen or resident on that area for a a period of time so that your whenever you own a house your right to visit it will not be blocked by certain authorities. Or, probably the best you can do is to contact the US foreign affairs with regards to this so you can have clear understanding of the situation and what to do.