Hotels or Pousadas in Fortaleza

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Naiomi

Any recommendations for a comfortable hotel or pousada in Fortaleza in a safe area of the city? We're thinking along the lines of the main area - mid-town Fortaleza where we are within walking distance of bars, restaurants, shopping, sightseeing etc. We have a 3 night stay there. Is there anyone out there who knows the city and can help us out with a few suggestions.

Thanks!

Naiomi

Last edited:
R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Last time we stayed at the Othon Palace which was pretty good for the price.

Regards,
Rob.

T

theadebo

Hi, ideally you probably want to stay in one of the 4 or 5 star seafront (Avendida Beira Mar) hotels. There are lots of restaurants in the immediate area as well as within a 5 min cab ride. I´d recommend the following hotels, Grand Marquise, Orthon Palace, Luzerios, and the Oasis Atlantico. You can also stay in Iracema beach, the hotels there are fine but the area is not as nice as Beira Mar and certainly not as safe a place to walk around at night.

You can get good prices if you book hotels through Dilos. I found that I saved quite a bit over booking directly with the hotels. That link will take you straight to the Fortaleza page, just insert your dates in the table on the left and it´ll give you availablity and prices on a range of hotels.

Hope that helps. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.