Hi from Kenyon Clarke

K

Kenyon Clarke

Hi all
As radio talk back people often say "long time listener first time caller"

I live in NZ and am interested in getting on to the property ladder.

Friends have suggested many things so I thought I'd drop in here and learn a little more.

Cheers

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kenyon

First of all, welcome to the forum - we hope you will find it helpful and informative.

We have covered the NZ property market in the past as well as neighbouring Australia which has seen a massive increase in property prices. Has the NZ real estate market benefited to anywhere near the same extent as Australia? I read earlier in the week that some parts of Australia have seen prices treble since 1997!

Regards,

Mark

K

Kenyon Clarke

Hi Mark

Thanks for the welcome and yes New Zealand has experienced similar growth to Australia, of course our exchange rate makes it quite affordable for the Aussies to invest over here and they have been for years :)

R

RuthAtDAH

Hi Kenyon

NZ is on my bucket list and has been for more years than I care to remember!

I have a very good Kiwi friend who now lives in Halifax in the UK. She gets homesick and posts articles on Facebook which feature NZ property. One particularly interesting one was a whole village for sale! We were planning who could be mayor. drive the fire engine, milk the goats etc :)

Seriously, though. It looks like an amazing country and the property looks interesting and attractive. I'd be interested to see if you find your dream home and what it looks like. Good luck with the search.

T

totallyproperty

Administrator
Staff member
How do you see the short to medium-term prospects for the New Zealand real estate market? I have written about Australia on numerous occasions and get the impression that New Zealand is often overlooked in favour of its "neighbour".