Help!

T

TjRjn

My husband and I have both lived in various countries around the world and thought we would retire to Turkey, however! We have now lived in beautiful Fethiye for nearly 3 years and as much as we love it here we're finding it hard because foreigners are not allowed to work here and so making any pocket money or just working in our preferred hobbie areas is impossible. Not something we previously thought would bother us.
Our new quandary is where to move next? Somewhere where the lifestyle is relaxed and the cost of living is relatively low.
The EU would allow us to work but South East Asia is cheaper to live.
Any thoughts anyone?
P.s we are both relatively young retirees. :rock:

T

tmark938

Administrator
Hi TjRjn

I am sure you will receive plenty of advice from forum members in due course.

What are your preferred areas of employment and hobbies?

T

TjRjn

Hi TjRjn

I am sure you will receive plenty of advice from forum members in due course.

What are your preferred areas of employment and hobbies?
I'm a Divemaster so continuing that would be good. My husband was in IT management for years but now writes books. :)
I've done other things in the past as well, from management to real estate & teaching English so we're pretty open with our options.
We just want a relaxed lifestyle where the cost of living is low and we have options. Here in Turkey the cost of living is ok but we lack options.

T

tmark938

Administrator
Hi TjRjn

I would find it very interesting to track your move and see where you eventually end up. Many of us often feel like you are now but rarely end up doing anything about it - hats off to you for being proactive.

A

asifbhai

hi,
i am a junior member on property forum, please help me by giving me some information about this forum.