Help! Abusive ungrateful Tenants

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Demoniise

Help! Tenants keep wanting to break their lease and try to reduce the rents!

Anyone got a good way of dealing with these type of tenants, shouldnt they honour their contract and Renegiote when it finishes rather then trying to jump ship or not pay.

R

Roshan

Anyone got a good way of dealing with these type of tenants, shouldnt they honour their contract and Renegiote when it finishes rather then trying to jump ship or not pay.
Pay a perecntage and get a property management done on your apartment. The real estate company takes a commission but they save you the headache of defaults, rent collection, maintenance, bullying.

The tenant has to respect the contract - OR - he looses a months rent if he wants to leave. KIck him out and find another tenant.

Roshan

S

sasherwani2

The law says that the tenant has every right to break a contract provided he/she pays the fines/penalties associated to it. You cannot blame the tenants for leaving your property if he feels you are overcharging him/her.

K

Kjarkata

Bad days are going to be over soon as the economy has started to revive. Just hang on for a while and hopefully, the demand will increase shortly

I

investor_from_uk

Bad days are going to be over soon as the economy has started to revive. Just hang on for a while and hopefully, the demand will increase shortly
Well, I am not sure that is so true. Judging from other posts, I think there is a mass exodus of people on the cards after the school term ends. So I am not sure that the rents will pick up. Rather people are saying that rents will plummet even further.

E

East end barrow boy

As a tenant, I feel that I should benefit from the downward cost of property, I was screwed on the way up, so I will screw on the way down.
For example, a 2 bed in al Barsa, was listed as 120 pa, it is now 70 pa. this is typical of the fall in value, so I offered 60. await response. I have the cash to pay up front in full.
My salary has been cut by 25% do the the economic situation, and I am expected to pay 100% of my rent....I would have no option but to leave the country, and then you get NO rent.

discuss

to the other posters on this thread, THE BAD DAYS HAVE NOT YET STARTED.

phantom tenant

F

financier888

Anyone got a good way of dealing with these type of tenants, shouldnt they honour their contract and Renegotiate when it finishes rather then trying to jump ship or not pay.
my advice to you is to talk to them, renegotiate and lower the rent! at least you will have some money coming-in as opposed to an empty flat - that may stay empty for months and then... only rented at the lower rent anyway!

If the tenants want to leave - they will find a way and you can't blame them. BE practical and take what you can - as within the coming months, more and more and more flats will become available and the rents will drop further - and this will be the case for sometime to come - in spite of what some brokesters on here may be suggesting.

In addition to the thousands of units being offered, another 30,000 + will be handed over in the coming months and there will is already an exodus starting this month as the children get out of school - (their transfer papers were filed months ago !!! over 55,000 to be exact...!)

Put your pride and indignation aside - take the money and be pragmatic. Something is better than nothing. Many landlords made a killing when the market went through the roof! - now the pendulum is swinging the other way. This is life.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.