ad

Have you changed the type of properties you buy since you started investing?

N

nmb

There seem to be two different types of real estate investor, those who stick with the same type of property from day one and those who move with the trends. Have you changed the type of properties you buy since you started investing? Or have you updated your strategy to take into account market trends and knowledge you have gained?

L

lookinginvest

What type of properties did you buy when you began investing? What type of properties would you recommend buying today?

KGeeson

KGeeson

Property Forum Staff
Forum Partner
HMOs have definitely become as popular as a traditional buy-to-let, but i think most investors would not start off with an HMO if they had zero previous experience. Plus as your portfolio grows... more funds equals more options (geographically or strategy-wise)

N

nmb

HMOs and traditional buy to let investments are likely to be the leaders amongst investors in the real estate investment market for some time. Structured correctly these types of investment can create extremely attractive rental yields allowing investors to pay down any finance relatively quickly. Once you have fully paid up assets there is the potential to gear up your finances using these assets as collateral.

Going back to my original question, I think there is mileage in sticking to your strengths in the marketplace and also adapting your investment strategy to take in future trends.

J

Jennifer Martin

What type of properties did you buy when you began investing? What type of properties would you recommend buying today?
Investing in the residential property is increasing by both type of property investors. One who are investing purely from investment point of view, and other who are investing in real estate for self use.

Those who want to invest as an investor, I think investing in commercial property will be more profitable as it will help to generate more rental income as compared to what you will earn from residential rental income.

N

nmb

It would be interesting to look back at early property deals and see whether you would do the same again and whether the price was correct. The fact is that we all gain experience in everyday life and this does change the way in which we invest and plan for the future.