Has anyone bought property in Taiba (Fortaleza)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarikaAR

There is a few developments in Taiba at the moment. The village is small with only 2500 inhabitants, but visitors to the region do buy properties in off-plan developments there, proving that the town has the ability to enrapture.

It is about 74km from the capital of Ceara (Fortaleza) making it easy travel distance to an international airport.

I have some pictures that I can send should anybody be interested.

F

fiege1224

Taiba gardens 1 and 2

Hi My name is Steve. I have bought unit 105 in Taiba gardens 2. The project is on in its second floor now. I bought back in may before it broke ground. The law firm Sand garden homes uses has been used by many developers in Brazil. But you can us anyone you want to finish your deal. I have worked with Mike at Sand garden homes. I sent a deposite to England of 1000 that was later posted to my contract in Brazil. I then sent down payment to there bank in Brazil. I got confirmation from the bank of my funds and payment posted to the contract the bank holds for the developer. I then paid the unit off due to the currency dropping against the dollar to much. Which also gets rid of the incc costs of const. My risk now is I have to depend on the builder finishing the complex. But everthing in this area seems to be going good. With the airport growing and the pecem to Taiba road soon to be built the area should grow nicely. The road should start when the large Taiba beach resort is near finished. It matters little to me as I bought the unit for retirement. I just want it to get built. Till later Steve from Colorado

R

RalphJ

Hi My name is Steve. I have bought unit 105 in Taiba gardens 2. The project is on in its second floor now. I bought back in may before it broke ground. The law firm Sand garden homes uses has been used by many developers in Brazil. But you can us anyone you want to finish your deal. I have worked with Mike at Sand garden homes. I sent a deposite to England of 1000 that was later posted to my contract in Brazil. I then sent down payment to there bank in Brazil. I got confirmation from the bank of my funds and payment posted to the contract the bank holds for the developer. I then paid the unit off due to the currency dropping against the dollar to much. Which also gets rid of the incc costs of const. My risk now is I have to depend on the builder finishing the complex. But everthing in this area seems to be going good. With the airport growing and the pecem to Taiba road soon to be built the area should grow nicely. The road should start when the large Taiba beach resort is near finished. It matters little to me as I bought the unit for retirement. I just want it to get built. Till later Steve from Colorado

Steve.....hopefully you have sent ALL payments you have made directly to an account in Brazil. If you sent a small downpayment somewhere else that shouldn't be a problem. But the vast majority, if not 100%, of your payment should be sent from your account to an account in Brazil.

Best regards,

P

PAUL-brasil

Hi Steve,
I know these areas well, i have property in Tabuba Cumbuco for 2 year, I think you have made a decent choice with Taiba, as the town is growing nicely with lots of small projects going up, some completed, some ongoing and some in plans, much better than one big complex being built in middle of now where. Plus action is happimg there now and since the last year or so. Prices are still lower there still than Cumbuco and other areas aimed at us gringos. I think good Capital to made made there even in 2/3 years. But of cause like most areas it wont be much in rental income.
Paul

S

s29feb

Stumbled across this site to find that I'm Steve's neighbour as in the process of buying plot 106!

F

fiege1224

Hi Steve,
I know these areas well, i have property in Tabuba Cumbuco for 2 year, I think you have made a decent choice with Taiba, as the town is growing nicely with lots of small projects going up, some completed, some ongoing and some in plans, much better than one big complex being built in middle of now where. Plus action is happimg there now and since the last year or so. Prices are still lower there still than Cumbuco and other areas aimed at us gringos. I think good Capital to made made there even in 2/3 years. But of cause like most areas it wont be much in rental income.
Paul
Hi Paul. Thanks for the info. Its sounds like a good thing I never go into any deal looking for rental income to pay for my costs ect. I just like owning homes all over the place. Some go up alot and some don't over the years but its great to own and use them for vacations ect. Thanks Steve

A

ady1231

Hi Steve;

Do you Taiba? I am about to buy in a new project called coconut groove, in flexias beach.

Does anybody know about it? what about taiba? is it a nice place?

M

mouse 32

Hi steve, (other people with comments)

I'm interested in the tabia projects. do you know if there is any way to substantiate the "pool's, golf courses, tropical gardens with bridges and water features - etc" really will go ahead? Do you know of anyone that has recieved a discount with a cash purchase? The project looks to me like it is being done professionally and possibly (judging by other peoples comments - and a little bit of home work that I have put into it myself) is in a ideal location. I would be very appreciative of any Photo's readers may be able to send me. The other thing - all the talk about where to send your money and who should and shouldn't be involved has me a little confused, can anyone summerise the best way to carry out the deal - and main / critical aspects of it? Ps- ~i'm english but earning US dollars, I think that I would be best to use a US based agent - any thoughts, tax glitches or extra payments I may expect ?

best rgds, Mouse

C

Camelungi

Payment in Brazil

Hello RalphJ,

Thanks for your insight into this area about payment, it is sad that perhaps many folk have not understood this when buying property here in Brazil.

I have as neighbour who wants to sell their house quickly. I was kind of interested in the property but it is highly unlikely I will purchase as it would seem the only way they want to be paid is to their Bank account in Germany. I don't see any way this can be done without encountering legal problems for the buyer. I haven't challenged their opinion as the person involved is going through a rough time, but I will need to explain why payment needs to be made here in Brazil. Is there any articles or law documents which explain this fully?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Steve.....hopefully you have sent ALL payments you have made directly to an account in Brazil. If you sent a small downpayment somewhere else that shouldn't be a problem. But the vast majority, if not 100%, of your payment should be sent from your account to an account in Brazil.

Best regards,

M

michaelbush

I have as neighbour who wants to sell their house quickly. I was kind of interested in the property but it is highly unlikely I will purchase as it would seem the only way they want to be paid is to their Bank account in Germany. I don't see any way this can be done without encountering legal problems for the buyer. I haven't challenged their opinion as the person involved is going through a rough time, but I will need to explain why payment needs to be made here in Brazil. Is there any articles or law documents which explain this fully?
Peter
You need to see a Brasilian solicitor. There is a way, if I have understood correctly, but it requires the purchase-sale contract to reflect the sale as a gift. The prefectura will then value the property for tax purposes only. You need to ask the person if they had bought the property with legally registered money. If so they have no problem in sending the money out to Germany, except the for exchange losses.

R

RalphJ

Hello RalphJ,

Thanks for your insight into this area about payment, it is sad that perhaps many folk have not understood this when buying property here in Brazil.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Peter;

There are numerous reasons why someone that purchases a home in Brazil must send their money to Brazil from their own bank account. First and foremost this purchase money must be registered with Banco Central as entering brazil to purchase a property under the purchasers name and liquidated by the seller via a contract of buy and sell.

This enables the purchaser to 1. Qualify for an investors visa. 2. Have the capability of taking their money out of Brazil if he so chooses after he sells the property.

If banco central has no record of you sending money to the country then you won't be able to obtain a permanent visa, and you won't be able to send monies from the sale of the house out of Brazil if you choose in the future since naturally banco central has no funds recorded as entering from you to purchase or invest in Brazil.

Hope that helps a bit.

GL

C

Camelungi

Thanks Michael, Yes it does look like I need a solicitor. The guy is leaving on Friday so it looks like alot of rushing about - I really don't like rushing a property purchase until I am satisfied everything is ok. It looks complicated if he's going to be outside Brazil

Regards

Peter
You need to see a Brasilian solicitor. There is a way, if I have understood correctly, but it requires the purchase-sale contract to reflect the sale as a gift. The prefectura will then value the property for tax purposes only. You need to ask the person if they had bought the property with legally registered money. If so they have no problem in sending the money out to Germany, except the for exchange losses.

C

Camelungi

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for your help. That makes alot of sense.

I am married to a brazileira so the visa shouldn't present a problem - getting the money out of Brazil at some future date....well, I am not sure if I will need to, but you never know whats round the corner. Thanks for all your advice on the forum. Also helping, it would seem alot of people who have come unstuck in Brazil.

Maybe there should be a training camp for Gringoes wanting to invest or come to Brazil. I read and hear so many foreigners run into various problems ...alot which could be avoided if they were enabled to understand and had the right contacts.

Regards

Peter;

There are numerous reasons why someone that purchases a home in Brazil must send their money to Brazil from their own bank account. First and foremost this purchase money must be registered with Banco Central as entering brazil to purchase a property under the purchasers name and liquidated by the seller via a contract of buy and sell.

This enables the purchaser to 1. Qualify for an investors visa. 2. Have the capability of taking their money out of Brazil if he so chooses after he sells the property.

If banco central has no record of you sending money to the country then you won't be able to obtain a permanent visa, and you won't be able to send monies from the sale of the house out of Brazil if you choose in the future since naturally banco central has no funds recorded as entering from you to purchase or invest in Brazil.

Hope that helps a bit.

GL

R

RalphJ

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for your help. That makes alot of sense.

I am married to a brazileira so the visa shouldn't present a problem - getting the money out of Brazil at some future date....well, I am not sure if I will need to, but you never know whats round the corner. Thanks for all your advice on the forum. Also helping, it would seem alot of people who have come unstuck in Brazil.

Maybe there should be a training camp for Gringoes wanting to invest or come to Brazil. I read and hear so many foreigners run into various problems ...alot which could be avoided if they were enabled to understand and had the right contacts.

Regards

You're 100% correct Peter, ironic that you've said that. Besides developing our own projects, and also reselling properties, MJR also consults with investors to make them aware of all the potential pitfalls one must be made aware of when investing in Brazil. We have amassed a team of professionals, lawyers, architects, accountants, etc., that are both extremely competent as well as honest.

MJR, as well as another foreign investor in Sergipe, as well as the managing partner in a large foreign investment group here, are currently in the process of opening up an organization that is completely non-profit (SEFIA -Sergipe Foreign Investors Association) and have been promised the support of the state gov't. here in Sergipe. This organization will be similiar to what you described.....a "training camp" for foreign investors and will have numerous accredited professionals that the foreign investor can be sure they will be dealing with people that are both highly competent in their given areas as well as honest!:)

R

robh

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Camelungi,

There are a few Brazil property buying guides which will give you a lot of information. We do send one out to customers and I have seen one online here: Brazil Property

Regards,
Rob.

R

RalphJ

Regards

And the last part, "having the right contacts", is undoubtedly the key. You can do all the research you want, and get all the "how to" booklets that exist, but unless you have competent and honest professionals helping you throughout the life of the investment process on the ground here in Brazil, then you could very well be in for unecessary problems.

Brazil, unfortunately, is not easy to navigate, and even more difficult to find honest, dependable, competent people to help investors....especially foreign investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.