Handover dates / Completion

Status
Not open for further replies.
queenie40something

queenie40something

Sorry, I was under the impression you were in Sharm,I don't know what made me think it.
I bet you are thinking why is he asking me am I enjoying it,I was asking if you were enjoying Sharm Lol.
Oh dear I must be losing it....
LOL I did at 1st think ' does he think I am in Sharm and enjoying it - but then thought no!! '
Hoping to start living out there next year.

Wish I was there now though.

J

Jonah

Banned
Hi Nuttybird

Well you have water in your pool now.My other half went to look yesterday and said they had filled the pool.
You are lucky... a lot of the developements still resemble building sites but the British Resort looks ok ...you can see work going on but its mainly interior stuff so the general area looks tidy.
It looks like a quality finish and i think you will be pleased.

N

nuttybird

Hi Nuttybird

Well you have water in your pool now.My other half went to look yesterday and said they had filled the pool.
You are lucky... a lot of the developements still resemble building sites but the British Resort looks ok ...you can see work going on but its mainly interior stuff so the general area looks tidy.
It looks like a quality finish and i think you will be pleased.
Hi Koshari
Thanks very much for that info.So i"ll be able to take a dip when i go out in April!!:D

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thats good news Nuttybird. You can now go shopping for a new bikini!!

N

nuttybird

Hiya Queenie
Me in a bikini is not a pretty sight!!!
But i"m working on it!......up....two three....breath.....down two three!!! thats it for today!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi all

My handover date as per my contract is this Thursday.

What are my chances?????

Place your bets here.

J

J4hurghada

Banned
Good luck queenie, is there a penilty clause in the contract in case they dont deliver on time.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Jayne - yes there is a clause - not alot 1000le per month. I have queried this though. We will pay a one off maintenance fee and all the money - around £750,000 - will go into an account and the interest will be used for the maintenance. Once the interest has gone they will dip into the balance. It states that any late penalty payments will be deducted from the £1500 maintenance fee. So if mine is 4 months late then I pay £1100 not £1500. But I have asked about the shortfall of the monies because this will mean that there is less money going into the ' kitty '. Waiting to hear if the developer will make up the shortfall or what. Not had an answer yet.

N

nuttybird

Good luck Alison
Hope it all goes through on time for you.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Thanks Nutty - cant see it being on time though.

N

nuttybird

Well atleast you"ll get some money taken off your maintenance fee if not:D Are you going out again for handover? is all your furniture included?
You"ll have to go out for April 24th, hop on the ferryand join all us mad women in Bulls!!

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Nutty - I am not buying their furniture package as too dear and not very nice. We will have it made by a carpenter that I met last time I was there. We are hoping to go over as soon as the keys are available. If it is April I will get a flight over as really cheap and alot easier and quicker than the ferry. I will bring a decent box of Pinot with me LOL.

queenie40something

queenie40something

I will bring a sticker and a carnation as well LOL

queenie40something

queenie40something

The odds are getting longer. Just heard from my ' neighbour ' that has bought above me and she has just returned.

Nothing has been done in my apartment since I saw it in Nov and it is still full of wood and shavings!!

Z

Zeiad Yehia

Regarding the topic of this thread, I'd like to draw out the main lines surrounding the handover issue.

We can classify the entire issue to two main stages (points):

Stage (1): Prevention:

Securing a transaction - as mentioned before in another thread - is the most important part of it. Securing a transaction is a long and complicated procedure and it includes many sub-procedural measurments. One of these measurments - an essential one - is revising a contract to check for a lot of certain subjects. One of these subjects is handover date.

A purchaser shall make sure that the date is fixed in the contract to begin with. Then make sue that sanction in case of delay exists, and should be satisfied with the sanction.

This simple procedure preserves the purchaser's right to claim compensation in the event the developer had delayed.

Stage (2): Taking Action:

Now the assumption is that the handover date was exceeded, and the developer failed to meet that date - it happens a lot, you know ;) - and you want to get your property deliver inorder to live in, to rent out, or just because...

The most proper way to take first is contacting the developer, either by yourself or through a representative (Solicitor, Agent, Friend...etc.) and make sure the developer gets the point that you are upset of the delay yet friendly, and you should initiate enquiring "what can thedeveloper offer to make you satisfied?" And listen carefully to what they have to say. If the offer was acceptable, then it is all good! No problems! If the offer was unacceptable then negotiations to enhance the offer take place.

However, if all the previous attempts resulted in failure, then official steps shall be taken.

The purchaser (or their solicitor) "hereinafter referred to as "The Reporter" shall issue a police report, having the original contract and a photo copy with them, where the handover date is shown. The Reporter shall give their saying and claim either instant delivery (according to terms and agreements) or compensation.

The tourism police will refer it to the main police station, where it will have a new number, and sent to the prosecutor.

Now if there was no follow-up, the case will die in its cradle. The solicitor must make sure the case is moving in its normal path, and based on this report / number sue the developer for compensation according to the contract's terms and agreements plus compensation for any additional tort that was a consequence of this delay and nonpayment, provided that an "evidence" in case if additional tort must be provided to the court to "link" the deed to the tort, or in other words...to prove that that additional tort was a normal, logical, and PRACTICAL result of the developer's fault.

Most developers will tend to avoid the official part and solve it amicably, especially that they care for their image and reputation.

Zeiad Yehia
Solicitor

queenie40something

queenie40something

Great info as always that we can understand Zeiad

Thanks very much.

Regards

Alison

V

VICKIG

Completion Date was due for Mid September. My apartment is now finished however the building still has quite some way to go and power is still connected to a generator.

Having been out a few times in the last couple of months I get the feeling that it probably wont be 100% until about June/July (my opinion).

No compensation paid as told the apartment is ready and I bought an apartment not the building.....

Maintenance is another story

L

lyndsay552

Maintenance is another story
Hi Egypt,

Are you having to pay maintenance before the Towers are finished? We hope to complete contracts this week and it'll take them another 4 weeks to complete the apartment but we're not sure when we have to start paying maintenance

Lyndsay

Status
Not open for further replies.