Golf Club Ibar Property Owners Forum! -bulgaria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goldmiddleman

New Ibar Aerial shots

And here is one from the top of the course

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deedee1

Hi goldmiddleman,

The pictures look great- thankyou!

I can actually see my apartment block close up for a change which looks good!

See ya D :)

G

goldmiddleman

Ibar Latest Aerial Shots

Hi goldmiddleman,

The pictures look great- thankyou!

I can actually see my apartment block close up for a change which looks good!

No Problem, send me your email if you want Hi resolution for zoom in's
cheers
Pete: [email protected]

D

deedee1

:)Hi JPW,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

I would think that during winter and snow season especially you would be crazy to golf as it will be freezing!!

But Im sure they will close it during snow season- but thats not confirmation as I dont know for sure Im afraid!

I have bought an apartment in stage 1 and am due to complete next month- so excited as I havent been out there yet but I have heard and seen positive things about it and its stunning location!!:D

Will share some pictures when I get back at end of August!

Good luck with your purchase- D :)

J

jpw

D, Thanks for that and look forward to your pictures. We golfers are a hardy bunch and can play in any weather unless there is snow on the ground and only then because we would not find our ball!!
My brother and I are buying an apartment in stage 1 but will not be ready until Nov 08 approx, so we are keen to see how it all develops.
Does anyone know how easy it easy to get a bulstat ? and what would it cost normaally ?

W

W00tton

Hi

Your solicitor can do it for you - doesn't cost much - I think ours was about 60 levs.

Last winter obvernight temperatures were down to -5 at worst, but daytime temps were often + 8/9 even in Jan / Feb. and that is plenty warm enough for golf!

Alan

J

jpw

Does anyone have a concern over car parking for apartments ? Ibar will not put anything in a contract or rules and regs regarding this at the present time although they say there will either be 1 place per apartment or dependent on percentage of occupancy (whatever this means?) and is still to be decided. Anyone know anymore than this ?

D

deedee1

Hi jpw,

Not sure on the parking for definate!

But Have also been told 1 parking space per apartment , but nothing in writing only hearsay at the moment!!!

Will contact Ibar again and ask!

Just booked my tickets going out 23rd-26th August for inspection to do snagging list and hopefully completion if all is up to scratch!!

See ya D

W

W00tton

Dee Dee

Why should your apartment be any different to everybody else's?

I don't want to be the eternal pessimist, but owners keep going out there at Article 15 handover expecting to see their property in a complete or almost complete state. It won't be!!!!

Article 15 merely means that the construction is complete and utilities attached. This allows the developer to appy for the Permission for Use.

It is almost certain that both the kitchen and bathroom will not be fitted, neither will the heating panels and probably not the carpets.

This is the way Bulgarians do things. The Residents Association have already met with the Developers to try to improve this situation ( or at least to prevent you going out there with unrealistc expectations ) but it will be time before we see an improvement.

I have no doubt you will have a wonderful time, you will be amazed by how beautiful the area is, overwhelmed by the sheer size of the project but I promise you - your apartment will not be complete!

Alan

W

W00tton

Hello Again

I've just looked back over the forum, and realised that I've never actually posted on here about the formation of the Golf Club Ibar Residents Association (GCIRA),which was formed by a number of members a few weeks ago with the objective of a) creating a working relationship with the developers to make suggestions and raise concerns about the site and b) to foster a community spirit amongst owners with the passage of useful information etc.

The GCIRA has been welcomed by Ibar, and has already held one very productive meeting with them. It is currently developing its own website which should be ready in a couple of weeks.

Anybody wanting to know more should PM me for further details

Alan

D

deedee1

Hi all,

WOOTON- I am fully aware of the issues regarding completion or should I say NON-Completion from reading the other forums thats why I stressed " Hopefully completion" On my last post!!

Thats why I was in two minds about booking to go on the inspection trip and spending the money doing so only to find that its not as near to completion as I expected etc!

I dont feel that my apartment is different that everyone elses- but yeah your right maybe I am being slightly optomistic and are hoping that it will be more completed than I " personally" expect!
Anyway I havent been out there yet so I may aswell go and see for myself at long last as I know other owners have frequently been out to the development checking up on things!!

Take care, See ya -D:)

W

W00tton

Dee Dee

It is one of our concerns that owners are invited to site by Ibar and believe that they will be seeing a completed property, when in reality they will not be. The result has been disappointment and in many cases extra expense for the buyers. We are trying to resolve this, but it is the Bulgarian way of doing things and not peculiar to Ibar.55

All we can do for the moment is try to pre warn people of what to expect, so that they are not over disappointed when they get there.

As I said, the site and the surrounding area is fantastic. I am sure you will also enjoy both Sofia and Borovets and come back full of optimism for the future.

You may well need somebody out there to look after the snagging process for you. If you do, I may be able help.

Regards

Alan

D

deedee1

:)Hi all,

Alan thanks for the advice- no problem Ill go out there with an open mind on things as Ive already heard that there are a few issues being resolved on behalf of owners at the moment- and appreciate that a few owners are trying to ensure that this doesnt happen to others aswell!!

The RA is great news for all and I know that they are participating actively with ibar them selves to resolve any issues quickly and effectively!!

My hubbie is a project manager so he will snag for us while we are there- but then after that when final completion arrives if we cannot get out there I will look at employing someone to carry out the final checks for us when all is finished!

Cant wait to go out there- very excited!!
Whats the weather like at the moment?

W

W00tton

Dee Dee

I'm UK based, but we have made contact with a guy in Borovets who has been a fantastic help with all sorts of things from snagging visits to sourcing furniture / overseeing delivery etc. During the winter he runs a ski school, and can look after things like ski hire, lift passes, ski instruction, ski storage etc.

I may well use him for Property Management on our villa - depends what sort of deal Ibar come up with.

My understanding is that it is currently very hot out there, but beware if you go up the mountains. Mark went up Vitosha last week and got a surprise how cold it was.

Alan

W

W00tton

Hi

Just a couple of things. Firstly if you want to contact the Residents Association I can now give a direct link which is [email protected]

Secondly, one of the main guys behind the RA (Mark Davies) has his 50th birthday on 5 Nov and plans to celebrate in Bulgaria. We had hoped to do this on site, but apparently the bar / restaurant will not be ready in time so a number of us will be staying In Sofia and going to a local restaurant for the night. It is likely that guests from Ibar will be joining us and it is likely to be a great party.

If anybody is interested to join us, please let me know. (flights are currently very cheap at that time - I got mine for £55 return including taxes).

Alan

D

deedee1

Re: Ibar Site 2!!

:)Hi all,

LATEST NEWS ON GOLF CLUB IBAR SITE!!!!

Apparently they have just announced that they will be introducing a golfclub ibar 2 site in Dolna Banya aswell- WHICH THEY HAVE RECEIVED AN INVESTOR 1ST CLASS CERTIFICATE FOR!!

IBAR 2 -Will have 400 houses, a 5* Hotel and spa facilities onsite and will be either a jack nicklaus signature 18 hole or bears best par 3 course on it!!

Anyone heard any further information about it that they can share with us..??

C

chris B

Potential buyer - apartment or Iskra villa

Hi all,

We are going out on 19th August '07 with a view to buying in Ibar (via Jim @ Bulgariasfinest). So abolutely any help, advice, comments, etc would be greatly appreciated, particularly around build quality as I've heard a few negatives here!

Also it would be interesting to hear views on whether stage 1 is going to be best location on the complex.

I will post photos to show people latest progress of the site.

Regards
Chris

D

deedee1

Re: Stages!!

:)Hi chris,

Sorry I missed your post before you went to ibar!!

I am visiting tomorrow and coming back on sunday- my 1st trip there so Im really excited!!

I bought last year and it is almost complete so we ahve gone to take a peek!!

Stage 1 - is the nearest stage to all the facilities i.e- main clubhouses , spa, restaurants, bars etc so the location is better or should I say more convenient!! Although golf buggies will be at hand to transport people around anyway from a to b...!!

Catch up when I get back,
Speak and share pictures next week!!

D:)

P.S- ISKRA Looks good- but in general I think all who have invested and bought will do very well- it will be a 1st class resort and facilities with all year round activities and rental potential!!

C

chris B

Hi Dee,

Hope you have a good trip and hopefully you'll get the same glorious weather we enjoyed! However, I will have to buck the trend and rain on the parade for Ibar from a personal viewpoint. Ultimately it all boils down to why you're buying and in our case we wanted to invest in something that would be self funding and would offer good capital growth in the relative short term. I don't believe Ibar will offer us this but appreciate it will right for people looking at the longer term. Why?

Location - brilliant if your happy with the complex alone but the surrounding villages/areas are sadly still very run down and will take many years to improve, even with the influence of developments like Ibar and Wellness-island. Yes it's full of natural beauty in parts but regrettably 'marred' with abandoned cars and roadside scrap metal!

Rental - the above for me will be a major player for renters wanting to return. Again I appreciate if just renting to a select few golfing friends who are just interested in the course,etc then no problem.

Ski - sorry but the journey to Borovets may be 20 minutes by fast car in summer but by a fully laden bus in snow I think 45mins + is reality. Therefore for renters why bother when there's obviously going to be a hugh choice of properties available when mega Borovets gets underway.

All in all not for us but obviously great for others, including yourself - so good luck and enjoy.

Regards
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.