Goa or Kerala where to live???

L

luke

Hi, I'm looking to spend a year in either Goa or Kerala. I will be doing college classes online, but just want a year of relaxing and exploring. I want to live where there are lots of beaches and somewhat of and expat community. If anyone has any suggestions of specific place I'd appreciate it. Also I'm looking for some ideas on housing, main focus on being inexpensive. I don?t need anything special, just as cheap as possible.
Thanks.
Luke

D

diego

If you are looking for an expat/tourist community then would recommend Goa rather than Kerala. Lots of cheap housing around.
Thanks
Diego

R

Ricardo123

Hi Luke,

I got a nice apartment with sea view in Dona Paula, Goa...

Ricardo

P

pete12

Well, It is 2 years since the original post. However I will give my suggestions for whoever reading this post. Goa and Kerala have some thing in common; Beaches! If you are looking at the number of expat community only, then Goa may be more suitable. However if one is looking at more diverse living experience, then the choice would be Kerala. Beautiful backwaters, beaches, Wayanad forests, Health (ayurvedic) tourism all makes Kerala more attractive for an extended stay. Regarding the cost, there will not be much difference.

R

RealtyBuff

Banned
Hi,

Anyone know a good holiday home/second home in Panjim?

ihpuser

ihpuser

Hi, I'm looking to spend a year in either Goa or Kerala. I will be doing college classes online, but just want a year of relaxing and exploring. I want to live where there are lots of beaches and somewhat of and expat community. If anyone has any suggestions of specific place I'd appreciate it. Also I'm looking for some ideas on housing, main focus on being inexpensive. I don?t need anything special, just as cheap as possible.
Thanks.
Luke
Dear Luke,

I think you should go with Kerala, as I am defining some facts about Goa warnings;

1. DRUGS
2. SOME LOCALS
3. MISCELLANEOUS
4. WATER/MONSOONS
5. Goa, India: Sea full with oil!
6. Travelling with Infants/Toddlers...
7. Mischievous Monkeys:

V

Vivan

Kerala is the best..Now a days, kerala is one of the best real estate sectors.