Fuseta Ria

A

andy cap

Fuseta update

great trip to fuseta...(some pics attached)
structurally units are complete and windows were being installed during our visit
i can only speak for the townhouses we viewed but build quality appears v good and tiled finishing to floors and walls also very good
still much work to do on units internally and clubhouse/surrounding landscaping
when finished this development will be dramatic and unique which bodes well for all owners
it appears that another new development is planned for the top of the hill just as you turn off the road leading into fuseta
paulo confirmed March completion and also that Leisure Launch are looking at putting together furniture package/s
Ideal Living also offer a realistic furniture package and their key holding/checking service may be of use to many owners
when it comes to rentals i gather that owners direct and holiday-rentals websites are very useful
looking forward to our next visit already!

Attachments

M

manor park

andy

Pics look good and it seems to be coming on well, I will be out there next weekend so I dont suppose much will have changed since your visit but I am looking forward to the trip.

MP

P

pollitico

Hi AC,

Thanks for update on progress, and photos. Looks like things are progressing nicely. Things look like they have moved on a fair bit since we were there in July.

Good to see that LeisureLaunch are putting together furniture packages. We have been looking at options here and in Portugal. Plenty of time yet. Did Paulo indicate when they are likely have anything to look at.

We are not back out there until December, but looking forward to it already.

P

great trip to fuseta...(some pics attached)
structurally units are complete and windows were being installed during our visit
i can only speak for the townhouses we viewed but build quality appears v good and tiled finishing to floors and walls also very good
still much work to do on units internally and clubhouse/surrounding landscaping
when finished this development will be dramatic and unique which bodes well for all owners
it appears that another new development is planned for the top of the hill just as you turn off the road leading into fuseta
paulo confirmed March completion and also that Leisure Launch are looking at putting together furniture package/s
Ideal Living also offer a realistic furniture package and their key holding/checking service may be of use to many owners
when it comes to rentals i gather that owners direct and holiday-rentals websites are very useful
looking forward to our next visit already!

L

Lysos

For letting keep your furnishings simple & sturdy. You may not like 'pine' but it does the job cost effectively. The available furniture in the Algarve is pretty sh-one-t. Consider hiring a van and going to IKEA in Seville. When people book on-line and look at photos (vital - if you can't take good snaps, get someone who can !) they are looking at the facilities i.e. pool,pool,pool, proximity to beach etc.

This isn't idle chat, this is based on reality - 26 weeks lettings this season; pine bedroom furniture, solid wood dining furniture, very basic wire/rataan seating.Clients expect to be living outdoors, inside is simply sleeping & bathrooms.

T

Teflon

Hi Guys,
Manged to squeeze in a visit a couple of weeks a go and looking real good. I had forgotten how great the area is and the sandbank is priceless!

Will load some images up when I get the chance.

I will be keeping mine mainly for personal use so want to furnish it to a high hotel spec - any recommendations of people that will come in and sort that would be most welcome.

Cheers
Craig

J

JKort

Hi Lysos

26 weeks of rent? Where and how did you get that?

We have a villa at silvercoast (perola de lagoa, Obidos lagoon, also via leisure launch) but locals tell me it will not get over 12 weeks of rent a year
Sincerely hoping the apartment at fuseta will be a better investment..So very curious via which agency you got the 26 weeks.

thnx
Rikkert

P

pollitico

Hi folks,

As we have mentioned before this is going to be our first investment abroad and it is all still quite daunting, so it is really useful to get the thoughts and experience from other forum members regarding furnishings, rental etc. The discussions have been really interesting and helpful

We have had a look at some of the furniture available in the region, and also here in the UK (inc IKEA) We have not made any firm decisions yet. Still keen to see what leisurelaunch have available. One of the aims at our visit in December is to get final sizes, and a feel for property as it nears completion. Hopefully this will help make our minds up.

We are aiming for a mix of personal and rental use for the property, mainly personal. So the furniture we go for will need to be a balance between personal taste and practical rental use. Heeelp

Will let all know of anything we find website/supplier wise

Regards to all

P

A

andy cap

Hi AC,

Thanks for update on progress, and photos. Looks like things are progressing nicely. Things look like they have moved on a fair bit since we were there in July.

Good to see that LeisureLaunch are putting together furniture packages. We have been looking at options here and in Portugal. Plenty of time yet. Did Paulo indicate when they are likely have anything to look at.

We are not back out there until December, but looking forward to it already.

P
Hi P

Paulo was in process of meeting some furniture/interior design companies and was hoping to have some packages and prices asap thereafter
not sure if there will be the opportunity to see the product prior to purchase?

Regards
AC

M

manor park

Hi

We were out there last weekend, Paulo said he had some furniture companies in last week to put some packages together and he hoped to be sending out some info on them in the next couple of weeks.

I will put some more pics up in the next couple of days.

MP

P

pollitico

Hi P

Paulo was in process of meeting some furniture/interior design companies and was hoping to have some packages and prices asap thereafter
not sure if there will be the opportunity to see the product prior to purchase?

Regards
AC
Hi AC,

Thanks for feedback. Hopefully we will see their stuff soon.

Not been too impressed with the furniture we saw when we were over in the summer. To be fair we were probably looking at a limited range. Gonna check again when we are over in December.

cheers
P

L

Lysos

Hi Rikkert,

We advertise on Owners Abroad & Holiday Rentals. We get Portuguese, German & Dutch clients as well as Brits. We use it ourselves when its' not being let; in fact, just back from a two week stay. we could have let it, but had already booked our flights. It is currently let until the end of this month.

As I said before, photos are the key; sell the holiday experience. We have an advantage in being a detached non-estate property, so don't have to compete with identikit properties. Also, having a private pool is a winner with families.

Obviously I'm not going to give away any tips, as this would merely help competing owners, but what I would advise is look at the websites of similar properties and see which ones appeal to you and why, then use that as a basis for your advertising. We employ an English agent to act as a point of reference and to clean, but don't offer welcome packs. Instead, we advise clients where to stock up on the way from Faro Airport (Lidl in Tavira is good).

As for furnishings, whether for personal use or letting, keep it simple and durable; it's not your home - it's a holiday home !. Don't over spec it; that merely gives you on - going problems. e.g we bought a £10 coffee machine - it's lasted two seasons, no problem. We have a basic analogue t.v. - guests are on holiday to be outdoors !. A barbecue is far more important than a plasma screen & leather sofas.

Use quality plastic crockery & 'glasses'; breakages on tiled floors & patios with guests in bare feet is a nightmare.

Hope all this helps.

M

manor park

Lysos

That all sounds like good advice, this area (Fuseta) it seems is fairly new to a lot of tourists except locals and Spanish, there is not even a hotel there.

It sounds like your place is near Tavira which although small is a fairly well known tourist spot. I think Fuseta will expand as it is a lovely area but rentals may be slow to start with.

As for furniture I agree it should be durable but I still want to have stuff that I am happy to use myself rather than too basic, the apartment I stayed in for my visit last week was all pine and although it did the job, it always felt very basic and not very comftable.

I will try try for a mix of nice/durable and hope that it will appeal to more people looking to rent.

MP

L

Lysos

Hi MP,

We are @ 20 minutes from Tavira,(lovely town, lots of character) close to Manta Rota beach. As for furniture, our photos show that it's "rustic" - pine beds, solid wood dining table & chairs. Comfy mattresses & cushions do the job & they are not expensive. I'm assuming you will be out there for the weather as much as anything (at least your clients will) so as I said there is no need to over spec the furnishings.

To increase your chance of rentals don't ignore the domestic market or the likes of Holland, Germany, Belgium etc. The Dutch seem to like the area for walking & golf. Local courses - Benamor, Quinta Da Ria, Quinta Da Cima, Castro Marim, Quinta Do Vale, and just across the border - Costa Esuri & Isla Canela. In fact within less than an hour's drive are numerous Spanish courses, such as El Rompido, Novo Portil. Islantilla etc.

As Fuseta is fairly new in your advertisig, emphasise all that is within easy reach of the area.

Incidentally, just booked flights for a pre Christmas break - LGW/Faro Easyjet £37 each !.

P

pollitico

Hi MP/Lysos/Rikkert, Andy,

Good advice and experience. Much appreciated.

For us, while the rental aspect is important, the most important is that the property is suitable for our own use. So taking on board all comments regarding furniture, we need to ensure that firstly the furnisings meet both our tastes and needs, and in turn this should help ensure that they are practical for rental purposes. Time will tell.

Lysos you mentioned the local golf courses - Ive played at Benamor, Quinta Da Ria, Quinta Da Cima, and Quinta Do Vale, and enjoyed them all even for a high handicapper like myself. Also played several others in the region Gramacho, Vale da Pinta, Silves, Salgados (not so popular but my favourite) all excellent. Looking forward to checking out the others, especially Spanish courses.

Obviously this is a real rental attraction as well, and already within my local golf club there is expressions of interest on rental opportunities of the property. Sure we are all the same. Its a start, but no doubt the first year or so will see a lot of family and friends over to visit.

As I said previously we are over late December (flights not so reasonable ££ from Glasgow/Edinburgh) Really looking forward to it.

All advice welcomed

P

L

Lysos

Hi P,

I'm a high handicapper (24) and getting higher (why do I always blow it in qualifying comps !?!). On our last trip we booked a deal in Spain at Islantilla: 3 nights half board, 3 rounds for £205 each - not much more than the cost of three rounds at the Quinta courses, and less than 40 minutes drive away. I reiterate my views on furniture; I presume you would like the property to be let for more weeks than you actually use it, so go neutral, simple, sturdy, comfy. We don't sit indoors dreaming of DFS and Dulux colour charts, we are indoors for the minimum amount of time; all meals and drinks alfresco, weather permitting, and your clients will be the same.

P

PWD

Hi,

We all should be adding our proprties for rent to as many of the free and low cost rental portals as we can.
I have various units around Portugal and have had great success with various online portals. (not just the big players)
The only way to achieve the amount of rent needed is to get off our backsides and find it. Do all you can to get it.
Do not just look at the UK and Eire markets as this area really does attract other Europeans.
Golf is big not just in Vilamoura, as more and more are wanting a great round of golf for less than half the price of some of the courses in Vilamoura and surrounding areas.

Good luck everyone

PWD

P

pollitico

All quiet

Hi folks,

Just a quick message. The forum is really quiet recently. We're all probably recovering from the summer hols and beginning to hibernate for the winter.

We have booked to visit the development in December and plan to meet Paulo while we are over. Hopefully the project will be near completion by then. We will do the usual photos etc and post an update.

No further on furniture wise, plenty of time yet but flying in. Has anyone else moved on in this area at all yet.

Hopefully we will get an update from Paulo soon with some photos on progress, and maybe info on furniture packs.

Regards to all
Mark

Last edited:
L

LeisureLaunch

Progress Reports

Hi All

I have received a couple of enquires recently from investors who are not on the monthly progress report mail list.

If you know of any other investors who either are not on the list or may have changed their email details, please can you contact Paulo (+351) 93 4056738 ([email protected]).

Regards

M

manor park

October visit to Fuseta

Below is a link to some pix I took on our visit in October, bit of a delay getting these up as I had a few memory card problems.

Yfrog Album

You can see all the windows are in now and a lot of the tiling is done and they are starting to install the bathrooms. It is all looking good and Paulo is expecting a March completion.

He also told me that he expected to be sending out furniture info in a couple of weeks so it should be anytime now. I will start to look at some comparisons as soon as I get this info.

Mark

Have a good trip in December, I would think that Fuseta is farly quiet at that time of year.

MP

P

pollitico

Photos etc

Hi MP,

Thanks for the new photos, looks like things have come on really well since we were there in July. The tiling and windows make a real difference.

Hopefully everything stays on track for a March completion.

Like yourself we will look to start comparing and selecting furniture etc over the next couple of months.

Not sure what to expect in December, but sure the weather will be better than here in Glasgow. No doubt it will be much quieter in Fuseta, and we have decided to stay in Tavira for a few days, and visit Fuseta a couple of times during our stay.

Regards
P

Below is a link to some pix I took on our visit in October, bit of a delay getting these up as I had a few memory card problems.

Yfrog Album

You can see all the windows are in now and a lot of the tiling is done and they are starting to install the bathrooms. It is all looking good and Paulo is expecting a March completion.

He also told me that he expected to be sending out furniture info in a couple of weeks so it should be anytime now. I will start to look at some comparisons as soon as I get this info.

Mark

Have a good trip in December, I would think that Fuseta is farly quiet at that time of year.

MP