Frustrated owner with bad tenant - non renewal of the lease

M

mm1

I am looking for advice with regards of non renewal of my tenant's agreement in Dubai downtown.
I have served my tenant a non renewal letter (registered by post) but he insists that he will use his tenancy rights to force me to renew his lease at the same price (which is below the market rate as I did him a favor by keeping the rent lower than the going rate in that building). he tells me I can't evict him.
His lease will be up in two months and I sent a letter saying I don't wish to renew.
As far as I know there is a difference between the non renewal (expiry of contract) and eviction. I read the law and it seems logical that the two terms describe different situations.
However, I never saw anything concrete to clarify this for me. What rights do I have after the contract expires? can she force me to renew?
What if I don't want to sign a new rental agreement? How does the law protect me? my Tenant seems to think he has the law all on his side. How is ownership protected?
I don't wish to speculate but I want to sell without a tenant in it. My tenant won't even allow viewings for potential buyers so I lost a few deals because of that. Now I do not wish to renew his lease and I said so long time ago.
Please advise me.

M

Mark007

Hi, did you manage to solve this? If not let me know and I will advise further on this.

The black and white is that you have submit 365 days written notice to the tenant through the notary public. with this in place the tenant has to move. with out it, its very tricky to get anywhere as tenants are heavily protected in the market.

let me know if you are still in this situation and I will see can I help further

A

aazim

I am looking for advice with regards of non renewal of my tenant's agreement in Dubai downtown.
I have served my tenant a non renewal letter (registered by post) but he insists that he will use his tenancy rights to force me to renew his lease at the same price (which is below the market rate as I did him a favor by keeping the rent lower than the going rate in that building). he tells me I can't evict him.
His lease will be up in two months and I sent a letter saying I don't wish to renew.
As far as I know there is a difference between the non renewal (expiry of contract) and eviction. I read the law and it seems logical that the two terms describe different situations.
However, I never saw anything concrete to clarify this for me. What rights do I have after the contract expires? can she force me to renew?
What if I don't want to sign a new rental agreement? How does the law protect me? my Tenant seems to think he has the law all on his side. How is ownership protected?
I don't wish to speculate but I want to sell without a tenant in it. My tenant won't even allow viewings for potential buyers so I lost a few deals because of that. Now I do not wish to renew his lease and I said so long time ago.
Please advise me.

Hi MM,

Try Etisalat Yellowpages.ae. There you will find the list of all Legal Consultant in Dubai, UAE. You can directly interact with legal Consultants via online platform.