ad

Freehold flat & upgrades

G

Gemma Bianchi

Hey,

I'm new here so apologies if this isn't in the correct section.

I am just about to purchase a GF freehold flat (one flat above me and a house at the back - shared drive) and I'd like to put an electric gate on the front of the property property once I move in.

Do I need permission from the leaseholders and do I have to be responsible for paying for buzzer entry installed in each of their properties?

Gemma

Lime Auction House

Lime Auction House

Forum Partner
Hey,

I'm new here so apologies if this isn't in the correct section.

I am just about to purchase a GF freehold flat (one flat above me and a house at the back - shared drive) and I'd like to put an electric gate on the front of the property property once I move in.

Do I need permission from the leaseholders and do I have to be responsible for paying for buzzer entry installed in each of their properties?

Gemma
Hi Gemma
You will need permission from the Freeholders as you only own the Freehold for your GF Flat.

You will also need Planning Permission

Sent from my iPhone using Property Forum mobile app

Nicholas Wallwork

Nicholas Wallwork

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
You will also need Planning Permission
I doubt you'd need planning permission if it's on private land but happy to be corrected as I've never tried it myself!

Should be just a case of asking the freeholder and maybe ask for a contribution from the other properties but if they don't want to contribute you will have to pay it all yourself as you can't leave them without access...