Flights

C

chandra

Hi, I don't know if anyone can fly from Birmingham but I have just booked some flights for february half term leaving on the 17th - 24th so need to arrange 2 extra days holiday, going with Thomas cook paid £340.00 per person. I don't think thats too bad for half term.
Also checked for late July and it priced up at £385.00, and August £405.00, best I can find.

Good hunting
Margie
Hi Margi! where you are flying and is it a direct flight?

Thanks.

Chandra

iain

iain

i guess that if owners are struggling to find cheap flights, then we can safely assume that potential clients would do too. I do feel that people should not be reliant on rental income to satisfy their outgoings on the property. Certainly not in the present economic climate.

I too am just looking forward to using my apartment soon, and can't wait! It will be ready soon!!

But thankfully I dont need the rental income! Just plenty of cheap flights to get me there :)
Good point Scott but interestingly I have just tried to book up for my handover visit and hotels seem to be very expensive just now. I can get a flight for around £300 but apart from Shams Suites hotel in Nabq which I used before, all the alternative hotels are £300 + for the week.

Also be using an appt you can fly on a Sat and return on a Sun or Mon or whatever suits so getting the most out of your holiday days and perhaps finding cheaper flights.

We will not rely on income from rentals but I do think it will be an active market for those who like some flexibility and independance.

Looking out at the rain it's just great to book a flight and go!
:)

D

dave99

Rentals & Cheap flights

i guess that if owners are struggling to find cheap flights, then we can safely assume that potential clients would do too. I do feel that people should not be reliant on rental income to satisfy their outgoings on the property. Certainly not in the present economic climate.

I too am just looking forward to using my apartment soon, and can't wait! It will be ready soon!!

But thankfully I dont need the rental income! Just plenty of cheap flights to get me there :)

Hi Scott

Low cost flights are a factor in good value holidays but one thing is sure that if you can get the flights and you have your own place, you know that you're not being fleeced as school hols and Christmas etc for hotel stays and you can book any sort of odd dates.

D

distant dreamer

Hi

Yes there are some good prices, but be careful. I just checked for some El Gouna Hotels, and many of the ones headed up as El Gouna were not there but in Hurghada and Sharm! So double check before booking!

P

Peter07

Cheap flights

I have been looking at Flights for Dec or early next year. I was very flexible and not to bothered where to fly from!
I found return flights with Easy jet from Eastwick 19th Jan for £420 for two at £210 each this I thought was a good deal.
I did noted however some flights for mid Dec for £165 return from Manchester although once going through the process on line the flights worked out a little more than the advertised price but still good deals.

Peter

M

merchant_banker

I have been looking at Flights for Dec or early next year. I was very flexible and not to bothered where to fly from!
I found return flights with Easy jet from Eastwick 19th Jan for £420 for two at £210 each this I thought was a good deal.
I did noted however some flights for mid Dec for £165 return from Manchester although once going through the process on line the flights worked out a little more than the advertised price but still good deals.

Peter
EasyJet from Gatwick is around £200 return mid-December, about the same in January.

My wife and I were looking at flights a few months ago and they were advertising flights on Friday 13th February for £15, but these have gone. Looks like a lot of people aren't superstitious!

D

danny

Has anyone who has been in Egypt for over 90 days used easyjet from Hurghada to get back to the UK. In theory it is a scheduled service and therefore shouldn't present a problem and will be more convenient than flying to Belgium from Hurghada or from Cairo to Heathrow.

N

nubianqueen

hi

i am confused about flights!! yes i can see there are many different airlines offering a wide variety of flights and when i have stopped going by egyptair i will need to look into them, certainly cheaper if going straight to hurghada. however as a working woman who would like to perhaps travel on a thursday or friday coming back monday or tuesday how would i go about this. i remember a good while ago checking with different airlines and getting totally confused! any ideas for me.

shokran

nubianqueen

Peter Mitry

Peter Mitry

<B>Egypt Forum Founder Member</B>
Flights to Egypt

hi

i am confused about flights!! yes i can see there are many different airlines offering a wide variety of flights and when i have stopped going by egyptair i will need to look into them, certainly cheaper if going straight to hurghada. however as a working woman who would like to perhaps travel on a thursday or friday coming back monday or tuesday how would i go about this. i remember a good while ago checking with different airlines and getting totally confused! any ideas for me.

shokran

nubianqueen
Have you tried the Thomas Cook flights from Gatwick & Manchester which go out and return on Tuesdays and Fridays? I know of many people who fly out Friday and return Tuesday or come out Tuesday and return Friday.

N

nubianqueen

shokran for the info about thomas cook flights, i had heard something about them, but my mind is so much settled now, i have only a certain amount of weeks holiday a year, so that inshalla will make it much easier for me, i just have to find the feloos!

nubianqueen

S

Steveand Christine

Just checked Easyjet website for summer flights to Hurghada. None available yet. They are showing prices up to June but only taking bookings up to end March.

Steve and Christine

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi this year the summer route with Easy jet went on sale the end of Jan for Sharm.

A

anokayperson

Banned
Easy jet!

Hi this year the summer route with Easy jet went on sale the end of Jan for Sharm.
hi - fantastic news - they are back on for Hurghada as well - great & PHEW!!! again flying the mondays and fridays from Gatwick. Get booking everyone - so much cheaper when you get in early!

L

Leila

hi - fantastic news - they are back on for Hurghada as well - great & PHEW!!! again flying the mondays and fridays from Gatwick. Get booking everyone - so much cheaper when you get in early!
Done! for Easter! £360 to include speedy boarding and 20kg.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Booked mine 2 weeks 20th June to 5th May £140 each return, 2 weeks 18th April til 3rd May £167 return and 2 weeks 20th Sept til 3rd Oct £152. Do love a bargain!!

pentax man

pentax man

easyjet

Hi All,
Easyjet have their summer schedule on sale now!!
Just booked for April/May for 2 of us for £253.:):)
Regards,
Rod and Ann.

S

speedwing

Hi All
Good old Easy Jet, a week in July for 2 of us £290.00 what a bargain

Chis & Mick