Flights

H

heathrow

There's a problem with their website at the moment...logo changing or something! when I bought in advance it was £20, when I bought only one week ahead it was £26. Did it all on line, flight took 20 mins, better that 12 hours on the bus for £8.50! the ferry is £26 for foreigners but it had broken down and wasn't working for a long while. These were August prices. Keep trying! :)
Was Egyptair the website experiencing problems? Ebookers have booked my Egyptair flights at really good prices, but I book the ones with a short stop in Cairo leaving Heathrow Airport and seem to get a really good price, but avoid school half term like the end of October.

W

wayne_harris

Hi Leila
I just looked on travel republic for a week during easter holidays, its one day out but has a special offer flight for London Gatwick to Hurghada for £345 total cost. Departing: London Gatwick Departure Date: Tuesday, 14 Apr 2009
Destination: Hurghada (Egypt) Return Date: Tuesday, 21 Apr 2009
Airline: Thomas Cook Airlines Total Cost: £345.00
Passengers: 1 Adult
Hope this helps, thats if its still there when you look.
Dawn

L

Leila

Hi Leila
I just looked on travel republic for a week during easter holidays, its one day out but has a special offer flight for London Gatwick to Hurghada for £345 total cost. Departing: London Gatwick Departure Date: Tuesday, 14 Apr 2009
Destination: Hurghada (Egypt) Return Date: Tuesday, 21 Apr 2009
Airline: Thomas Cook Airlines Total Cost: £345.00
Passengers: 1 Adult
Hope this helps, thats if its still there when you look.
Dawn
Thanks, Dawn, that looks really good but unfortunately I'm stuck with the school holiday dates because of my work. Easter is a struggle...Kiss doesn't start until may either and in August they are £490. And yes, I was in Sharm Airport on my own! no hassle, no bother!!

P

Paul1964

Hi all. I've just been trying to track down any cheap flights to Hurghada, and i found the following: WED 10th DECEMBER==DEP' Glasgow and ARR=Hurghada, coming back on the 24th Dec==£214.98 RTN... If you want to stay over Xmas,,,,WED 10TH DECEMBER==DEP' Glasgow to Hurghada, returning on the 31st==£284.98....This is with 'flyglobespan.. Not too sure if i am allowed, to give you the link. but i have if anybody needs it. I know it's Glasgow, ( which is good for me ) but,, it may be of use to some of you too... ...flyglobespan.com | flight availability for Glasgow to Hurghada

iain

iain

Hi all. I've just been trying to track down any cheap flights to Hurghada, and i found the following: WED 10th DECEMBER==DEP' Glasgow and ARR=Hurghada, coming back on the 24th Dec==£214.98 RTN... If you want to stay over Xmas,,,,WED 10TH DECEMBER==DEP' Glasgow to Hurghada, returning on the 31st==£284.98....This is with 'flyglobespan.. Not too sure if i am allowed, to give you the link. but i have if anybody needs it. I know it's Glasgow, ( which is good for me ) but,, it may be of use to some of you too... ...flyglobespan.com | flight availability for Glasgow to Hurghada
I was advised the other day that you can buy insurance against airlines going bust for about £1 per flight as I believe that normal insureance does not cover this. Also remember to use a credit card that gives cover too. Globespan and many other similar companies must be seen as a risk in the current situation - though I'm sure we all hope they will survive and give us choice to Egypt.

M

majicou

IF anyone has a few spare days there are a few reasonable flights around for end of October - departing 31st for 4nights £140, 7n £244 or 11n £200 - all from Manchester to Hurghada on Instant Holidays website!

O

Odd-bod

Hi.

For the Sharmers, Thomsons are flying wed & Sun over the winter from Glasgow. I have picked up a return in Jan for £258 including taxes & the times are fab- during the day. Flyglobespan are similarly priced but from Edinburgh.

C

chandra

Hi there! I am travelling to Hurghada on Friday 13th feb 2009 and return on Friday 20th Feb 2009. Does anybody know off any good deals around that time. I live in Leicester so Birmingham and London airports would be my choice.

Cheers.

Chandra

S

SuziQ2708

Hi there! I am travelling to Hurghada on Friday 13th feb 2009 and return on Friday 20th Feb 2009. Does anybody know off any good deals around that time. I live in Leicester so Birmingham and London airports would be my choice.

Cheers.

Chandra
Hi Chandra, Just checked out Flightline and it would be quite a lot cheaper if you can fly on Tuesday 10th from Gatwick, Birmingham & Manchester. See the link below :)

http://www.flightline.co.uk/fly-to/result.php

I'm still continually checking for July 2009 and the only movement is in the wrong direction ... up! Even looked at flying to Sharm instead of Hurghada, it only works out about £50 per person cheaper so by the time you've paid to get to Hurghada from Sharm it is no cheaper, could even end up more expensive! The way things are looking at the moment it could be a caravan in sunny Wales for us next summer :(

K

kieranbarr

2009 Flights

Hi everyone, with the collapse of XL, has anyone heard of any airlines taking over their route to Hurghada, summer 2009

E

enufsaid

Cheers.

Chandra
hi - have you tried easyjet -they are flying to hurghada til 31st march. Everyone is waiting for their summer flights, which will be released in december.

M

M Butler

New Flights to Hurghada

Hi all,
Just heard from a friend that Flyglobespan are starting to fly from Aberdeen to Sharm.
Might be of use to those of you a bit further north. OK, a lot further north!!! But it is hopefully some positive news about them as I am hopefully flying to Glasgow on the 5th November with them.

Margaret

Last edited:
C

chandra

I did try easyjet. Price was somewhere around 45o£. Bear in mind week starting 13th February is school holiday so flights are expensive. So thinking about going 1 week later.

S

SuziQ2708

Hi everyone, with the collapse of XL, has anyone heard of any airlines taking over their route to Hurghada, summer 2009
Hi Kieran, It appears that a Swedish airline called Viking have taken the XL charter flights for next summer. If you check out Book Cheap Flights, Hotels, Package Holidays, Car Hire & More - Flightline.co.uk you will see that all the old slots have been taken by this company. When they first took over their prices were approximately £40 per person more than XL but within a week they increased it again so now it is around £100 per person more. This said, they're the cheapest airline I have been able to find for flights from Gatwick summer 2009.

J

johnwayne

Banned
Really hope easyjet get their act together and continue the route for hurghada. I am always looking for the new summer prices, even though they said they won't be released til december.

S

SuziQ2708

There's not a great deal of difference in price between easyjet and Viking. I used Chandra's dates to do a price comparison (13th to 20th February, 2009 from Gatwick).

easyjet - Total amount due: 1 adult £437.78

Viking - Adult Ticket Total Cost: £455.00

The ridiculous part is, these prices are same in summer :rolleyes:

J

johnwayne

Banned
OK - everyone is going to hate me. When easyjet released the winter prices - back in July/August - I paid - waitttttt - £200 pp - return.
These prices have really jumped for the February half term - sorry to be the bearer of bad news. This is why I am anxiously waiting for their summer flight prices, that's if they fly to Hurhgada?

J

johnwayne

Banned
Was emailed by a company called kayak - and July/August prices were over £750 - really over the top! definately need to look around for the summer time.