Flights

D

dave99

Easyjey ahnd luggage

Anyone a regular on EASYJET flights

How picky are they about the size of hand luggage

I've noted on their web-site that the MAX size they allow is a bit smaller than most other airline which makes buying a perfect fit bag a bit trickey, especially if you want one with wheels.
I know they do not restrict the weight so I'd like the biggest bag I can get.

iain

iain

Anyone a regular on EASYJET flights

How picky are they about the size of hand luggage

I've noted on their web-site that the MAX size they allow is a bit smaller than most other airline which makes buying a perfect fit bag a bit trickey, especially if you want one with wheels.
I know they do not restrict the weight so I'd like the biggest bag I can get.
My wife travelled easyjet recently to Barcelona and we took great care to buy a bag that fitted their measurements. Her freind had a bag that empty would have fitted but when full was quite a bit bigger and she had no problem. thing is, if you dont have hold baggage you check in on line and nobody sees you bag until you board.

If you have hold baggage then they may well check it at the desk.

Also, let's face it, they want to make money somewhere so if they can charge by making you put it in the hold then they might just do that.

It's a bit hit and miss but a little over size should be OK if you're not taking the P***.

Good luck

iain

D

dave99

The hold luggage coukld also be a problem

My wife travelled easyjet recently to Barcelona and we took great care to buy a bag that fitted their measurements. Her freind had a bag that empty would have fitted but when full was quite a bit bigger and she had no problem. thing is, if you dont have hold baggage you check in on line and nobody sees you bag until you board.

If you have hold baggage then they may well check it at the desk.

Also, let's face it, they want to make money somewhere so if they can charge by making you put it in the hold then they might just do that.

It's a bit hit and miss but a little over size should be OK if you're not taking the P***.

Good luck

iain
Thanks

I suppose the same question applies to hold luggage.
On most charter flights a couple of kilos extra is usally ignored.

What about Easyjet - do they get you for every extra kilo.

Flying to Hurghada I would think that everyone is going to have hold luggage unless the have excessive weight hand luggage.

M

M Butler

Is the airline insurance better than paying by Credit Crad - I think you get ALL your money back from the card company if ANY supplier goes bust.
A friend of mine lost out on his XL flight. He paid by credit card and lost the first £100. Don't know what credit card he used or if it differs from card to card.

Margaret

N

nubianqueen

flights and luggage

i just got back from egypt and i always at the moment go by egyptair cos and i tried saying this on this forum before that it is the national airline and guess what they allow you a lot of luggage allowance no charge! its a shame they dont go straight to hurghada but i see you can change at cairo for hurghada and then one hour only.

or you can do it by convoy from luxor, an experience but fun, and as far as i am concerned, the extra luggage allowance they allow you makes up for any inconvenience as i pack everything but the kitchen sink. anyway egyptair is a good airline, the flight is always pleasant and you are well looked after.

someone mentioned egyptair was expensive, but looking at how some airlines have raised their prices not sure there is such a major major difference is there?

nubianqueen:cool:

M

M Butler

i just got back from egypt and i always at the moment go by egyptair cos and i tried saying this on this forum before that it is the national airline and guess what they allow you a lot of luggage allowance no charge! its a shame they dont go straight to hurghada but i see you can change at cairo for hurghada and then one hour only.

or you can do it by convoy from luxor, an experience but fun, and as far as i am concerned, the extra luggage allowance they allow you makes up for any inconvenience as i pack everything but the kitchen sink. anyway egyptair is a good airline, the flight is always pleasant and you are well looked after.

someone mentioned egyptair was expensive, but looking at how some airlines have raised their prices not sure there is such a major major difference is there?

nubianqueen:cool:
I agree. The cost of the flight is now very comparable with other "cheaper" airlines and the extra luggage is more than worth it as I don't seem to have any problem filling cases!!!! I am really struggling with the 20K rule on my next flight with Flyglobespan. At least I can buy extra kilos with them.

Margaret

crombiestone

crombiestone

A friend of mine lost out on his XL flight. He paid by credit card and lost the first £100. Don't know what credit card he used or if it differs from card to card.

Margaret
I had 2 tickets to Hurghada with XL ,which were bought with visa debit .

I am pleased to say that I have received all of my money back .

Your friend shouldn't have lost out and should persue this with visa/mastercard.

M

M Butler

I had 2 tickets to Hurghada with XL ,which were bought with visa debit .

I am pleased to say that I have received all of my money back .

Your friend shouldn't have lost out and should persue this with visa/mastercard.
Thanks for that.

I will let him know.

Margaret

E

enufsaid

hi, I am trying to race through all these posts and saw this one on flights. Haven't easyjet started flying yet to egypt? thanks

L

Leila

Hi, am looking for direct flights to Hurghada from London at Easter .... found some at £500-600. Easyjet don't seem to be booking flights after March 31st. Are they planning to fly there? when will they release their flights? any ideas? I might have to fly to Sharm and transfer by Egyptair. Groan!

N

neilsja

Hi Leila

Easyjet have only announced there winter schedule to Hurghada up to the 31st March. We will all know in December about the summer flights - fingers crossed!

James.

L

Leila

Hi Leila

Easyjet have only announced there winter schedule to Hurghada up to the 31st March. We will all know in December about the summer flights - fingers crossed!

James.
Thanks James. So I have to wait until December? :eek: just trying to get my life sorted!!

J

johnwayne

Banned
hi - does anyone know approx the fare from sharm to hurghada - can't get anything up on egyptair - or can't I book this in the UK?

L

Leila

hi - does anyone know approx the fare from sharm to hurghada - can't get anything up on egyptair - or can't I book this in the UK?
There's a problem with their website at the moment...logo changing or something! when I bought in advance it was £20, when I bought only one week ahead it was £26. Did it all on line, flight took 20 mins, better that 12 hours on the bus for £8.50! the ferry is £26 for foreigners but it had broken down and wasn't working for a long while. These were August prices. Keep trying! :)

J

johnwayne

Banned
There's a problem with their website at the moment...logo changing or something! when I bought in advance it was £20, when I bought only one week ahead it was £26. Did it all on line, flight took 20 mins, better that 12 hours on the bus for £8.50! the ferry is £26 for foreigners but it had broken down and wasn't working for a long while. These were August prices. Keep trying! :)
thanks Leila - was that return or each way. If the worst comes to the worst - then we will be flying to sharm, as they appear more frequent (and cheaper) than Hurghada.

L

Leila

thanks Leila - was that return or each way. If the worst comes to the worst - then we will be flying to sharm, as they appear more frequent (and cheaper) than Hurghada.
Ooops sorry,one way! one of the problems is that flights are not every day. My connection home was tiring as I arrived in Sharm from Hurghada at 10.30am and my Easyjet flight to Gatwick wasn't until 9.30pm. Still, the cafe wasn't expensive, the book was good and I had been over there for almost a month so a day at the airport wasn't too bad. :D

W

wayne_harris

Ooops sorry,one way! one of the problems is that flights are not every day. My connection home was tiring as I arrived in Sharm from Hurghada at 10.30am and my Easyjet flight to Gatwick wasn't until 9.30pm. Still, the cafe wasn't expensive, the book was good and I had been over there for almost a month so a day at the airport wasn't too bad. :D
Hi Leila,
I thought 4 hours waiting for a connecting flight was bad enough, but 11 hours!!
Thats a long time, poor you. Was you on your own?

Dawn

H

heathrow

flights for those regularily going to Egypt

This is a bit of a self-help request.

There are many of us that regularly need to go to Hurghada and therefore spend time looking for cheap flights.

The average price for non-school holiday dates for me is about £280 from Gatwick on a Friday.

I've noted that there are sometimes a few lower cost flights around on some dates but these are difficult to find.

It would be great if any members who find a good deal for ANY date could add to this thread so that other may see if they can benefit.

Please quote: date / time / UK airport / price / airline / agent / web-site if possible.

Thanks
I have two favourites and Freedom Direct always comes up best with prices, I have a tendancy to get a package deal as my apartment is not quite ready so I chose a hotel close. I have watched the site a lot recently and there was plenty of deals in January for under £280 each person. The other good company is Ebookers
Heathrow Minicabs London Heathrow Airport Taxi Tel: 02085740868 has a lot of information about Egypt airlines and address for Egypt Consulate