Flights

Georgina

Georgina

I found the post and it was to do with if you were in egypt for a length of time, you are not allowed to get a charter flight back to the uk. Does any one know why this is? I would like to know because eventualy we want to stay in egypt for 6 months at a time.

Cheers Dawn
I think this rule just applies to Hurghada but no idea why. There is no problem returning on charter flights or booking just one way just as long as you haven't been here more than 30 or 90 days. Not sure which is current. I heard it was 90 days if you are on an annual tourist visa and 30 days if you are on a resident visa but don't quote me. I think Thomas Cook are only selling return tickets to the UK within the 30 days to avoid this problem because so many people were buying tickets not realising this rule and the charter companies were selling them. My friend was turned away at the airport and had to wait until the following week to get on a scheduled flight. She got her money back from the charter company so they won't keep making this mistake by selling the tickets in the first place.

Easy Jet are scheduled so no problems if you book with them you can stay as long as you like. If you stay 6 months then return with Easy Jet or Egypt Air or BA via Cairo.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Georgina - Im pretty sure this applies to Sharm as well. Redsea flights are scheduled as well.

J

jojo

anybody got any tips on cheap flights from Manchester. Everybody seems to be getting deals at gatwick but we live in north wales and too far to travel ?
i know that jet2 are starting a route from manchester in october it might be worth giving them a call, i'm not sure whether its hurghada or sharm you want but have a look.
:)

D

danny

Jet2 start flights from Manchester to Sharm on the 26th October 2008

A

anokayperson

Banned
Hi - has anyone started looking at flights and the prices for Easter next year? They are coming out at £500 + from gatwick - has anyone found anything cheaper please. Unfortunately Easyjet stops 31st March - any help would be appreciated. I went into first choice at the weekend and they had them for the above price but there was only 10 seats left. People seem to be booking a long way in advance.

queenie40something

queenie40something

Hi Anokayperson - Easyjet prices for April should be out about end Jan - have you tried Freedom Flights and some times it works out cheaper on Thompsonfly if you book each way flights seperately as opposed to a return flight xx

O

Organics1

Hi All,

To save me going through 61 pages of posts could someone please list the airlines that fly to Hurghada from the UK.

Thanks in Advance

S

samui13

October thomson fly

thomson fly currently have flights to sharm from £30 one way from Luton and about £45 from gatwick. Their prices change everyday so you need to book these as and when they come up - prices were for October this year. Grab yourself a bargain - I am already booked and paid £300 for my flight on Thomson!!!!!!!!

Lou

W

wellheld

Charter flight travel restrictions

Got this from the Egyptian Tourist Board this morning;
Thank you for you message

The Egyptian CAA rules that foreigners can stay in Egypt no more that one month when using with a charter flight

With the compliments of

Egyptian State Tourist Office
Egyptian House
170 Piccadilly
London W1J 9EJ
Tel: 020 7493 5283
Fax: 020 7408 0295

D

danny

Got this from the Egyptian Tourist Board this morning;
Thank you for you message

The Egyptian CAA rules that foreigners can stay in Egypt no more that one month when using with a charter flight

With the compliments of

Egyptian State Tourist Office
Egyptian House
170 Piccadilly
London W1J 9EJ
Tel: 020 7493 5283
Fax: 020 7408 0295
Left hand right hand springs to mind with this message.

A friend of mine, who has lived in Hurghada for 2 years, books 3 month return charter flight tickets 4 times a year and has no problem getting in and out of the country.

W

wellheld

Left hand/right hand, what a surprise!!!!!!!! So you reckon I should take a chance and turn up at the airport, my ticket is already booked. Will do that then .
Thanks.

D

danny

Left hand/right hand, what a surprise!!!!!!!! So you reckon I should take a chance and turn up at the airport, my ticket is already booked. Will do that then .
Thanks.
They may mean that a normal entry visa will only last a month, a lot of questions and answers are lost in translation.

When I emailed the Egyptian embassy in London about charter and schedule flight rulings they didn't know the answer and said that I should ask someone in local government (great when the people making the rules haven't got a clue).

Anyway I digress, my neice is going back to Enland with my friends on the 9th of September after being over here for 3 months and we do not anticipate any problems, like I said they stay for 3 months at a time. You will need to get a multi entry visa that lasts for 6 months and allows you stay here for 3 months at a time(only available from Egyptian Embassy in England) or a 12 month touristic visa which costs about £9 which you can get from the local government offices here in Egypt.

If you are already in Egypt and have overstayed your month you should be able to get your 12 month touristic visa backdated to cover this.

Last edited:
Georgina

Georgina

my neice is going back to Enland with my friends on the 9th of September after being over here for 3 months and we do not anticipate any problems
But have a plan in action incase they don't let them through. My friend has been coming and going for 8 years and they didn't let her on the plane because it was charter. She was travelling alone and crying in their office because she was returning to look after her mother who was ill. She had to wait another week for the scheduled flight from Hurghada but there aren't any now to the UK until Easy Jet starts.

D

darlawlor

Hi folks,

I have searched and searched and searched for flights to Hurghada and cannot find anything reasonable. I would be traveling from Dublin initially but would have to fly to somewhere in the Uk to reach Hurghada. Everywhere I look I am getting off the wall quotations and it is making it very expensive to travel as a family.

Any help???

D

danny

But have a plan in action incase they don't let them through. My friend has been coming and going for 8 years and they didn't let her on the plane because it was charter.

How long was she out here for last time? Was it less than 3 months?

L

Lsab

Hi folks,

I have searched and searched and searched for flights to Hurghada and cannot find anything reasonable. I would be traveling from Dublin initially but would have to fly to somewhere in the Uk to reach Hurghada. Everywhere I look I am getting off the wall quotations and it is making it very expensive to travel as a family.

Any help???
Just moved this post from another thread so wanted to bump it up. Hope someone can help.

S

SuziQ2708

Hi folks,

Any help???
Have you tried the website below Dar? I've had a quick look and there are flights from Dublin to Gatwick then on to Hurghada. Know what you mean about prices though, but I still find this website seems to pick up the best available :) http://www.flightline.co.uk/fly-to/search.php

Georgina

Georgina

But have a plan in action incase they don't let them through. My friend has been coming and going for 8 years and they didn't let her on the plane because it was charter.

How long was she out here for last time? Was it less than 3 months?
It was just over 3 months. I kept telling her they may not let her on the plane but because Excel or whoever it was had sold her the ticket there and back for more than a 3 month stay she wanted to chance it. She then asked for her money back plus expenses and got it because they shouldn't have sold her the ticket. It used to be OK to fly on charter within the 3 months if you are not on a residents visa.