Electric meter installation and registration

P

Paul7065

:biggrin: I will be back in HRG in 3 weeks and hope to tie in with all agencies so as I can ensure correct registration and installation.

Pleae advise on process involved i.e solicitors, fees, recommendations for electricians, time frame and overall costs.:biggrin:

queenie40something

queenie40something

hi paul - have you bought on a development? our developer installed the water and electric meters - off top of head think they where 230 sterling for both

our lawyer fees were 500 sterling in sharm but cost depends on size of property

P

Paul7065

Hi Queenie,

Yes El Kawser/ Touristic Centre, 2 bed 2 bath 2 balcony, 73sqm. Would like to experience the process for myself as I also would like to register the property. In any case the FM apparently requires the POA to progress and I would prefer to have my name on all pertaining docs. Any further advice on registration would also be welcome

queenie40something

queenie40something

hi paul - check out the legal thread if you have not already done so

P

Paul7065

Hi Queenie

Soz to be a pain but have searched and can find no mention of the processes, costs etc. Plenty on cost of electric but nothing on installation etc.

Will post my experiences as I go through the procedure. (It will be a painful procedure no doubt lol!!!) All advice welcome.

Ewa Koźmińska-Badr

Ewa Koźmińska-Badr

Electric meter installation

Hi Paul,

we are living in El Kawther in Hurghada. Usually its a developer who makes all installations as simple its a headache specially for foreigner to fix it. I remember my friend who told me that installation cost her almost 4000 LE.
I would rather recommend asking the owner of the building to fix it, as possibly he will make it for the same money but without all headache. Usually its done once the electric is connected to the building and its cheaper when its done for everyone the same time.
I can search for someone who made it here recently if you wish.

Lawyers fee for registration varies. Usually in Hurghada the cost for basic registration is about 1200 LE, That's what we have paid recently.
Green contract is of course more expensive and takes few months for registration in Cairo.

good luck!

Ewa

P

Paul7065

Hi Ewa,

Thanks for the info and I agree that it would be much easier for the developer to install (still an avenue for exploration).

In any other place it would be the facility manager's reponsibility to advise on steps, costs; price changes and compliance.

Nonetheless, I would still be interested in the steps required for installation. I need to know where to register; documents required; whom to bring with me; where I can purchase equipment; where I can find an electrician; how much the equipment will cost; how much for labour; time span for registration installation and compliance checks.

4000le appears to be expensive and sounds alarm bells especially in light of posts on overcharging for water and electric dont you think?

Thanks

Ewa Koźmińska-Badr

Ewa Koźmińska-Badr

Hi Paul,

its really expensive and I was also shocked by the amount. But thats what my friend has paid here (no idea if she was overcharged, but its very possible here). I will try to figure out the costs for you today.

Ewa

Ewa Koźmińska-Badr

Ewa Koźmińska-Badr

As I thought nothing has changed with the prices for electric meter. For a simple one the minimum is 1500 LE up to 2000 LE, but its not enough for a normal apartment with aircon, etc. 3 phases one cost up to 3500 LE. All the documents you can fix at Electric Company (Shirka Elkahraba) at the end of Central Street (Sakaala) if you have the contract for your flat.

Good luck!

Ewa

D

dave99

Electricity meters in Hurghada

Does anyone know how an owner can get their own name on an electricity meter in Hurghada which is currently in the name of the developer so that they are able to make sure that they can pay their own bills.

queenie40something

queenie40something

I have merged your thread with this existing one on Electric / Meters / Registration etc in Hurghada

Please use the search faciltiy before posting a new thread as 9/10 there is already an existing thread and it saves time searching and merging the threads

Thanks for your understanding

propertywatch1

propertywatch1

<b>Official Photographer</b>
Electricity tariffs for egypt

Here is the web site that shows the electric tariff's for Egypt/Hurghada

Bill Tariffs

V

VICKIG

Hi Paul,

The average cost for an apartment for the meter from the electric board is around 1500 depending on how many phases you need. Generally from experience it is easier to take the developer option as you will 9/10 need authorisation from him to obtain the meter from the board. In an apartment block the developer normally has one central meter for which they than divide the cost between the apartments but each apartment has a meter to read the usage but one bought from the shop for around 250le, the developer will normally charge more for the electric in this case than what u would pay at the electric board which is 0.05 piasters per kw but it will save you the hassle.

If you wish to start the process to obtain a meter direct from the board, the first they will need would be authorisation from the owner of the building whose name the electric bill is currently in. Than they will send someone to come and check the apartment, than u will have to wait for the meter, it does take time but it is not impossible and provided your developer/owner is happy with this it can be sorted with some help.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps
Victoria