Dubai Property Market To Crash in 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wannaberich

Well, that's a revelating piece of info.

Dobuy, you have always supported Dubai thru thick and thin, respect,..
However, with your recent responses, I'm starting to wonder if you're a state controlled robot??

can you confirm/deny??
Firstly Sixgun,is it true you shoot blanks if you know what I mean ?
Secondly what does 'revelating' mean?
Thirdly,if you bothered to read all my posts then you would appreciate I post both negative and positive comments on Dubai.

S

Sixgun

Firstly Sixgun,is it true you shoot blanks if you know what I mean ?
Secondly what does 'revelating' mean?
Thirdly,if you bothered to read all my posts then you would appreciate I post both negative and positive comments on Dubai.
revelating means it was a revelation, to me.
But of course, it wasn't really, it was pretty obvious.

W

Wannaberich

revelating means it was a revelation, to me.
But of course, it wasn't really, it was pretty obvious.
What isnt a revelation to me is that none of your posts makes any sense.

I

Investoman_uae

Come on guys, this is immature,... we are all adults here and the purpose of this forum is to exchange views and ideas in a civilised respectful manner.

Now then...

I personally believe Dubai will bounce back ... not any time soon, but it will and at a controlled pace. It is still the best place to be in the region, it has alot goin for it, it is by far more advanced than the rest of the cities, and it offers more opportunities still. So alot of aspects are attractive about it despite the down fall.

This is a wake up slap to everyone,... speculators ... property is not a product that you buy and sell over a week. Developers, stop being greedy!!.... and the real estate firms, improve your services, quality, professionalism... or get the hell out of this market. The market will force you out.

Inv.

K

Kjarkata

Good Day Investoman_uae,

In principle I agree with you but would like to add that the rulers of UAE including Dubai should come up with long substainable law instead of changing them every now and then as well as to clear any discrepency /clarity in law where needed. I guess the investors will only regain confidence (if at all possible) by concentrate measures taken by the UAE government(inclusing solid law which protects investment)

Last edited:
B

Brendan R

indeed, until the rulers show commitment to and acceptance of the foreigners through the application of universal rule of law, people will have no interest in Dubai.

The memory of massive screwing of foreign investors to the benefit of the locals will not be erased overnight.

Confidence takes a lot of time to rebuild. Dubai has not started yet.

Until they do, stay away from this con.

S

Sixgun

indeed, until the rulers show commitment to and acceptance of the foreigners through the application of universal rule of law, people will have no interest in Dubai.

The memory of massive screwing of foreign investors to the benefit of the locals will not be erased overnight.

Confidence takes a lot of time to rebuild. Dubai has not started yet.

Until they do, stay away from this con.
Which is pretty much what I stated on page 1 of this thread.

if a person had, right now, say $500k, from a life-time of hard work and saving, and they're looking for a place in the sun to retire, or buy a second home, where will they consider?
Dubai??
well, maybe if they've had their head in the sand for the last 2 years.
Even if they were getting the bargain of the century, maybe 25% of the original price, what would be the point?? when they dont know STILL, if they'll be allowed to live in the place.

Now, say Dubai changes their visa rules TOMORROW, and say welcome all, residence visa's here when you buy!!!!!!
Who's going to believe them? the same people who had their heads in the sand for last 2 years.

Then there are the people who HAVE bought already,
some may be ok as they bought years ago and are collecting rents now, just a large dip in income.
These people will still wear rosy glasses and promote the place as paradise, because it's now in there best interest to do so.

Then there are the people who bought too late and are still looking at a hole in the ground instead of a building- for them, blind panic.

Confidence may return, but it must be long, long time, because most of this generation, anyone with even a slight interest in international property, KNOWS now, what has been going on, and how many people have been left broke.

Last edited:
W

Wannaberich

The main problem for Dubai is that the govermnent is incompetent and it is they who is supposed to get Dubai out of this mess.
Basically they havent got a clue.

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
Just wandering how will people use their "off plan" flats for holiday destinations in DSC which many purchased thinking this would be possible - oh that's right the big Olympic push was on back in 2007 - yes those agents were pushing it all back then - Dubai could never have had this area completed by the 2016 games (not that they even placed a bid in the end as they knew it was impossible - so what did they know already that the investor did not) - nothing but propaganda to suck in foreign investors who were keen to purchase mainly because of the sporting facilities as well as the completion dates provided back then and 2 years was acceptable - it's not acceptable for it to go on forever without providing the investor with any reason - what has happened to the rest of the stadiums also??? Any idea when any of them will be built let alone have a holiday there in the very near future - forget about the crash it doesn't count with a lot of these projects as some investors flats were supposed to be completed by June 2008? No GFC back then however the developers were already in trouble it appears to be the case now and it all comes down to not having any monies to build - so what did they do with the millions paid for in installments made and many paid 100 percent in many cases - it was all being built on the premise of selling all these off but nothing about this was ever mentioned to the investor that's because the investor was being told something completely dishonest and informing the investor that sales were above the 75 percent range back in 2007 and in other projects 100 percent sold out - how is it possible that so many are still not sold out - no wonder no progress - there's no money!!

Last edited:
W

Wannaberich

On a postive note to all DSC owners,the 20/20 cricket matches in Dubai would have received alot of worldwide coverage and is great publicity.It was weird for me in the UK watching a bit of the match on Sky to actauuly see cricket at Sports City on the TV.

On a negative note,sterling is getting weaker and weaker against the dollar/dirham which will maybe make Dubai too expensive for alot of British investors.This may also be the case for other currencies.The less buyers the less chance of prices recovering.
However the upside is that if your home currency is weak against the dirham then you can
sell your unit at even less then you paid at launch and still get all of your money back.

O

oasis2buyer

Banned
"We reiterate our view that by end of 2011 Dubai property oversupply on residential and commercial properties may reach roughly 40-50 percent and house prices may decline another 30 percent from current levels," analyst Saud Masud said in a research note."

Status
Not open for further replies.