cyprus property

Y

YangSiming

can anyone give me some idea of what 350,000 Euro can buy in cyprus? i have a few clients looking to invest in property in cyprus and would like to show them a few things.

thank you

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
350.000 will buy a nice detached villa with private pool in the Paphos area.
Limassol is more expensive though.

Y

YangSiming

limassol

I think I will book a trip to Limassol in January and look for some property as I am reading that Limassol is probably the best city within Cyprus for investments and the most requested. if you have anything in Limassol please send me on YangSiming at lawyer dot com thank you in advance

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
I think I will book a trip to Limassol in January and look for some property as I am reading that Limassol is probably the best city within Cyprus for investments and the most requested. if you have anything in Limassol please send me on YangSiming at lawyer dot com thank you in advance
You say in another post that your clients have 350K to spend. For that you will get very little in LImassol. If lucky you might get an aparmtent in one of the not so nice areas of Limassol or maybe a small villa in one of the villages. In the Paphos area that budget will get a nice 3 bedroom villa with private pool.

Y

YangSiming

i appreciate your email but i am reading that Paphos has many vacant properties and Limassol is more stable. I have seen pictures and Paphos looks lovely but for my clients, they also want to have a strong resale point and Limassol city seems that is has that.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
Yes there are many vacant properties in Paphos but these are apartments in not such nice areas. The demand for nice villas is high. We are not getting any requests for apartments these days as people who buy them tend to buy only as holiday homes and not many people are buying holiday homes these days.
All of our sales in the past 2 years have been villas and we are finding that very often as soon as we list one it is sold either by us or another agent if it is sensibly priced.

Just a word of warning, in the Larnaca area there are a large nujmber of corrupt developers and lawyers so be very wary if looking there.

Y

yiannis86

To find a stable market with 350 000 euros you have to find a property in the centre of Nicosia (as a first choice) and limassol (second choice).

Although limassol has many sales from foreign buyers, Nicosia will, in my opinion have a good resale price. Also prices now are on their lows and you could get a good deal if you are offering 350 000 cash.

Veronica

Veronica

Administrator
The Chinese want to be near the coast as they live in big inland cities in China and want the be near the sea here. They are mostly buying in the Limassol and Paphos areas. Nicosia is not of interest to them.

D

Disillusioned

My best advice to anyone thinking of investing money in Cyprus would be to get all their money in front of themselves in a neat pile and set fire to it and at least they'll save themselves the airfare.

Y

yiannis86

good point disillusioned since experience has shown that british people were cheated by many developers and actually lost their ''investment''

however if the customers are more interested for the permanent visa of residence, cyprus is not that bad for investing, however it should be compared to countries like spain portugal greece etc that offer the permanent visa to them and not to london for example.