Cumbuco Beach Resort

O

ojosazul88

Anyone got any news on whats happenning with the Cumbuco Beach Resort which was being developed by a large Spanish developer.
As has gone the way with many Spanish developers in Brazil, it seemed to big when launched a couple of years ago(960 apartments) plus with the credit crunch , could it now be shelved? Great location, great place, one of my favourite beach resorts in NE Brazil, so would be int to hear whats happening with it.

J

JMBroad

One thousand holiday homes is a challenging development, especially in a time where everyone is still in such uncertainty with regards to the global economic outlook.

The units, being 90 m2 and 183 m2 are between two and four times the size of a normal sized Brazilian unit which would indicate that the development was not designed nor priced towards the local market.

They also mentioned a 27 hole golf course.

They seem to be doing developments in Argentina, Brasil and Spain - I haven't heard anything specific about this company or this development but most of the similar developments have been put on hold until the world economy calms down.

O

ojosazul88

Well i agree JM, nearly a 1000 apartments on any Brazillian development is too large, which is why so many of these mega resorts planned have come to nothing and investors have lost money ie Lagoa do Coelho(amongst other reasons here!)
Not to mention, environmental issues now which the Brazilian government are enforcing so perhaps anyone thinking of investing in mega resorts should think twice, however good the "spin" seems.Although i do think the developers of Cumbuco Beach resort had good intentions, they just seem very thin on information on whats happening with it.

Personally, i still believe in the old cliche location, location location, which is why i was always attracted to Cumbuco, great beaches, established kite surfing resort, attractive villas and appts already built, close to int airport, and pleanty of services on offer.

G

globalinvestor

hi

can anybody provide a link? where is cumbuco?

thanx

O

ojosazul88

Cumbuco

Sorry Global Investor, this forum site wont allow me to post a link for Cumbuco or attatch any photos. Some info below though.

Cumbuco is situated about 35mins north of Fortaleza, has a long established kite surfing scene, some say top 3 in the world which makes for a lot of international people in the village.Also some great beaches and nice bars and restaurants make for a very nice place.
Property prices have been rising here over the last few years and some would say compared to other areas Cumbuco is expensive, well yes and no.
I read on this forum someone talking about Taiba as a better property bet which is a bit further north from Cumbuco. Well i have seen 3 bed villas, 255sqm plot being sold by a developer there for 252,000 euros compared to a 4 bed resale villa in Cumbuco, only few years old, sea views for around 185,000 euros.
Thats why i prefer a resale, you can always negotiate the price down! plus you can see its built and check all legalities.

J

JMBroad

After you have five posts you can post links and upload images as long as they are not advertising :)